What movie are you watching?

Forge

4 minutes ago, Apparition said:

loved her. Thought Clayton interpreted the character more effectively (and apparently truer to the book) than Doug Bradley

It was definitely a bit different to see someone other than Bradley (I didn't watch the last one), but I thought she was good as well. She also really looked creepy lol

Coneheads 

It’s far from the best comedy, but I don’t remember any other comedy with this many recognizable comedians in it:

Aykroyd

Jane Curtin

Farley

Jan Hooks

Nealon

Hartman

Spade

Lovitz

Michael Richards

Jason Alexander

Michael McKean

Sandler

There are probably more, but I’m only halfway through it. I haven’t watched it in years. Lorne Michaels was the producer, and he got tons of SNL people to be in it.

Edited by JohnChimpo

I’ve ****ing had it with animal CGI.

At this point I’m convinced all CGI is a money laundering scheme by Hollywood.

They probably pay some kid 100,000 to work on the CGI for 5 months and then they pay some shell company 20 million dollars.

The Grey was made a decade ago at 25 million. I don’t remember a single scene where the wolves looked fake.

Beast was made a year ago and I haven’t seen the lion look real once.

The Edge was made 25 years ago.

If you can’t use animatronics, practical effects or live animals, don’t make a ****ing movie.

Whatever CGI budget they did have they blew on the docile lions. Like… **** you, you want this to be thrilling? Blow the budget on the scary lion, not the nice ones.

The good news is they could have used a real rabid lion and it wouldn’t save this movie.

If you have a killer lion and you get it tranquilized with the expectation of having two hours and your car is broke down, you don’t just accept those two hours. You kill the lion and you get yourself endless hours. This isn’t a case of not having any suspension of disbelief, this is just bad writing. You get some things done in the heat of the moment, then you drop the line of “Let’s kill the lion.” That absolves you of all blame when the lion is awake again much sooner than expected. But to have the characters talk about having two hours without mentioning, heck, maybe we should just kill it… That’s bad writing.

They also forgot to add in the sound of a gunshot in one scene.

Also, you’ve got a killer lion and you’re trapped in a car but you decide to leave the window rolled down so the lion can jump right into the window.

It’s like they tried really hard to make a bad movie.

Lol levels of bad. Actively rooting for the people to die.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2