What movie are you watching?

Forge

On 10/16/2022 at 8:09 AM, Malfatron said:

Martin McDonagh is one of the handful of active film makers that I will watch simply because he directed it.

and then you reunite Colin F and Brendan G?

Well now it jumped to the top of my anticipation list.

I love how nobody does promotions anymore.

I never heard of this movie, and suddenly i got an ad that it comes out in 5 days

220px-The_Banshees_of_Inisherin.jpg

been looking forward to this one. the release date really pump-faked me tho, not really out til like november 5th or something unless you're in NY 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 12:49 AM, Kiltman said:

Went to see Bros, was a bit disjointed and almost was satirical many times. But there was a ton of good laughs throughout.

I can’t hold the disjointedness to much against it though, it’s part of the genre. They don’t want to ever seem like they are one of THOSE rom-coms, but then have to do the core stuff. Flaky would be another way of putting it, it sometimes committed itself to being an Apatow style comedy…where it played more into the farce of life. Other times it would break reality to punchline a situation.

On top of that it casually dealt with serious and sad subjects from the tragic history of 20th century in particular queer culture. 
it was a lot in one movie, which when I saw Apatow produced it it made way more sense. But definitely committed to comedy more. 

saw this too a while back. first 15 minutes i was kinda excited because it felt like some woody allen ****. then it got cornier and cornier and i ended up not liking it. i've fallen asleep in like 3-4 movies my whole life and i go to the theater like once a week, but this is now on the list of movies i fell asleep in. 

On 9/27/2022 at 9:52 PM, KManX89 said:

Don't Worry Darling was... okay. It has some feel-good moments and moves at a nice pace, but it felt formulaic and underutilized its concept, which could've went in a million different directions and instead, they chose the safest approach possible with this. You can see the "twist" ending coming from a mile away. I will say this, though: Flo Pugh definitely makes it watchable, she absolutely kills her performance.

saw this opening night and it was one of the funnest theater experiences i've ever had. people were just loudly laughing and mocking the movie at such an obnoxious level it became kinda surreal lol. credits hit and like half the people boo'd. people hung around outside and groups kinda merged into people talking about how it sucked lol. 

• Like 1

Just finished rewatching all the X-Men movies over the last few weeks. I've got to say...the highs are incredibly high, better than the MCU. But the lows...oof.

I'd put the top 5 of the X-Men movies over the top 5 of the MCU any day.

Edited by seminoles1

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Just finished rewatching all the X-Men movies over the last few weeks. I've got to say...the highs are incredibly high, better than the MCU. But the lows...oof.

How was Dark Phoenix? I watched the first scene and wasn’t feeling it. Should probably give it another try.

X-men has 2 good movies at best

Top 5 X-Men movies ... X2, X-Men, Days of Future Past, First Class, Logan? Or are you counting Deadpool too. It's a good list (especially with Deadpool), but I dunno if it beats my Top 5 of MCU. I really really liked DoFP though. 

1 hour ago, JohnChimpo said:

How was Dark Phoenix? I watched the first scene and wasn’t feeling it. Should probably give it another try.

It wasn't great, but doesn't deserve the hate it got.

54 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

X-men has 2 good movies at best

Uh...what? Easily has 5 GREAT movies.

49 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Top 5 X-Men movies ... X2, X-Men, Days of Future Past, First Class, Logan? Or are you counting Deadpool too. It's a good list (especially with Deadpool), but I dunno if it beats my Top 5 of MCU. I really really liked DoFP though. 

I was counting Deadpool over the first X-Men.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 3:53 AM, FinneasGage said:

pretty late on it, but just caught barbarian at the theater and really loved it. fun *** horror movie. wasn't expecting that. was thinking it was gonna be some tolerable but whatever kinda **** we've been getting lately like X and black phone, but this one was actually good. 

Brother recommended it. 9/10, really good. Wish there was more like it and more of this. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 5:52 AM, FinneasGage said:

saw this opening night and it was one of the funnest theater experiences i've ever had. people were just loudly laughing and mocking the movie at such an obnoxious level it became kinda surreal lol. credits hit and like half the people boo'd. people hung around outside and groups kinda merged into people talking about how it sucked lol. 

It must’ve been good cause Harry Styles broke up Zach Braff’s relationship w Florence Pugh by banging her then ruined Jason Sudeikis relationship w Olivia Wilde by banging her too. Dudes a legend 

17 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Did you watch the theatrical DoFP or The Rogue Cut?

Edited by kingseanjohn