What movie are you watching?

Forge

MP_Still_PK_01346_R2_2-2000-9b7af7863e5f

I quite enjoyed Love and Monsters.  A good mashup with good characters and good enough SFX.  My wife hated that

Spoiler

Joel doesn't end up with Amy, but I actually really appreciated that it didn't work out and that Joel realized that his bunker family meant as much as it did to him.

Would definitely recommend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MacReady said:

Tim Burton is one of those directors with so many strokes of pure genius you wonder how they’re capable of making movies of pure crap

Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish, Beetlejuice, Sleepy Hollow, Batman and Ed Wood are all objectively 9/10 at worst.

Agree with all except i found sleepy hollow boring as hell

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Agree with all except i found sleepy hollow boring as hell

I could watch that movie with no audio and still enjoy it for set design, costume design and that skyline.

It’s in my top 50. After the church scene, it drags really badly, but there’s plenty of great sequences before then. The best sequence is the one Casper Van Dien gets cut in half in.

On 12/13/2023 at 6:28 AM, THE DUKE said:

221129165517-01-violent-night-movie.jpg?

Violent Night was hilariously absurd and Harbour brought more pathos to the role than this movie had any right to have.  Really enjoyed it and laughed throughout.

Good to hear. Im glad its a fun one and i hope they dont go selfaware cocaine beer with it

On 12/14/2023 at 9:42 PM, MacReady said:

Tim Burton is one of those directors with so many strokes of pure genius you wonder how they’re capable of making movies of pure crap

Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish, Beetlejuice, Sleepy Hollow, Batman and Ed Wood are all objectively 9/10 at worst.

Forgetting Mars Attacks in there. 

• Like 1