What movie are you watching?

Forge

1 minute ago, Fresh Prince said:

Fell asleep half way through ghostbusters fallen empire, so care to finish it. Ruined it adding kids.

I thought it was pretty good based on my low expectations but i also didnt finish

20MCFARLAND-superJumbo.jpg

So, I saw a clip from McFarland, USA on YouTube Shorts and thought it looked interesting.  I certainly did not expect it to end up being one of the best sports related movies i've ever seen.  Costner was good in the lead, the guys who all played the team did a great job as well, and Maria Bello was as solid as ever.  While there were a few hokey scenes, they still at least worked and moved the plot forward.  It's on Disney+ if anyone is interested, I thought it was great.

Tried to watch, "The Book of Clarence".  And i just couldn't.  I can't help but feel like there was potentially some great payoff to things later that i'm missing out on, but i just could not slog through any more of what the opening ~30 minutes were.  One of those movies that just actively drags you down with it.  Not for me.  The previews looked like it might have some great satire, but i got nothing.

I thought Twisters was going to be bad when I first saw the trailer months ago, but they did good work on that. It was entertaining and I think I liked it better than I liked the first one. 

I didn't like a couple of things, but I appreciated this version not being burdened by the marriage / divorce subplot of the first one. 

16 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I finally saw 12 Angry Men. I think it’s the best movie I’ve ever seen.

Phenomenal movie, Sidney Lumet's direction was way ahead of his time

I just saw the witch and man I was disappointed. You see a 91% rotten tomatoes score and a 7.0 imdb score and it gets you excited to watch it. I will say the atmosphere was great top notch, and the acting dialogue was great. Everything else I was very underwhelmed about. 2/5

I saw John Carpenters in the mouth of madness last night because I want to watch his apocalypse trilogy one more to go. I loved the shots, loved the directing, loved the story within the story I don't know if I dug Sam Neil in the lead role something just wasn't working for me. That being said I still give it a 3.5/5 .

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Phenomenal movie, Sidney Lumet's direction was way ahead of his time

I love how the defendant’s actual guilt isn’t the point of a movie about a jury deliberation. Hollywood wouldn’t do that nowadays.

53 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

I finally saw 12 Angry Men. I think it’s the best movie I’ve ever seen.

One of my favorite films of all time.

”I’m just saying it’s possible”

”but not very probable”

so many quotable lines. The tv version with Ted Danza, and James gandolfini wasn’t bad either