Jump to content
.Buzz

WR Allen Robinson asks Bears for trade

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Reading between the lines here makes me think he did ask for a trade/if that was possible...

Definitely did. My guess is Bears want to see how they fare deeper into the season and act accordingly. If they are a playoff team they keep him and let him walk but if they are out of contention before the trade deadline he thinks he gets traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Definitely did. My guess is Bears want to see how they fare deeper into the season and act accordingly. If they are a playoff team they keep him and let him walk but if they are out of contention before the trade deadline he thinks he gets traded.

Not sure why you wouldn't want to pay a guy for the next young QB who comes in if that's the case...but yeah, sounds like that's what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure why you wouldn't want to pay a guy for the next young QB who comes in if that's the case...but yeah, sounds like that's what happened.

The thing is though in order to get the next. young QB, they potentially may require more draft capital to trade up. So is Robinson + a lesser QB > a Robinson-less WR corp + a better QB prospect? To be determined but they'll no doubt get some nice picks if they do move him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The thing is though in order to get the next. young QB, they potentially may require more draft capital to trade up. So is Robinson + a lesser QB > a Robinson-less WR corp + a better QB prospect? To be determined but they'll no doubt get some nice picks if they do move him.

He's an FA at seasons end. You aren't getting much for an impending FA if they even trade him prior. Sure sounds to me like they want to hold him for the rest of the year.

You want talent for a young QB coming in. ARob is a top 10-15 WR in the game. They already lack talent on that side of the ball, they need to keep him imo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets need skill position talent so bad. So any WR in trade rumors we need to be in on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, .Buzz said:

He's an FA at seasons end. You aren't getting much for an impending FA if they even trade him prior. Sure sounds to me like they want to hold him for the rest of the year.

You want talent for a young QB coming in. ARob is a top 10-15 WR in the game. They already lack talent on that side of the ball, they need to keep him.

I agree they'd be silly to move him but some contender would be willing to make a move for him before the deadline. Either that or a team that negotiates a contract with him would make a move. I mean Sanu is brutal and he fetched a 2nd. A 27 year old, top 12 WR in Robinson would definitely generate good value.

If they know he's not interested in signing long-term and he outright wants to be traded, it would be crazy not to listen to offers and use that to acquire your franchise QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure why you wouldn't want to pay a guy for the next young QB who comes in if that's the case...but yeah, sounds like that's what happened.

Probably because they’re projected to have less than $10M in cap - if it doesn’t go down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I agree they'd be silly to move him but some contender would be willing to make a move for him before the deadline. Either that or a team that negotiates a contract with him would make a move. I mean Sanu is brutal and he fetched a 2nd. A 27 year old, top 12 WR in Robinson would definitely generate good value.

If they know he's not interested in signing long-term and he outright wants to be traded, it would be crazy not to listen to offers and use that to acquire your franchise QB. 

Yeah, but it seemed like he wanted to stay there and they're not offering fair compensation/what he deems acceptable. They were in extension talks.

Either way, I'd much rather have him than a  2nd+late pick if that's what he fetches for the next QB. We see QBs in this league who get brought in with bad protection/weapons and how it goes. 

It's vital to have a good setup for a young QB to succeed imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

ARob is a top 10-15 WR in the game.

Which 14 WRs are better than him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Which 14 WRs are better than him? 

Top 10-15 means he slots in somewhere in the top ten or top 15, not that the person is claiming there are 14 better than him. Usually when someone says that, they mean said player slots somewhere between 8-ish to 15-ish and doesn't want to comment to an exact ranking, intending to stop exact comments like this one. But I guess it doesn't stop people taking offense to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pwny said:

Top 10-15 means he slots in somewhere in the top ten or top 15, not that the person is claiming there are 14 better than him. Usually when someone says that, they mean said player slots somewhere between 8-ish to 15-ish and doesn't want to comment to an exact ranking, intending to stop exact comments like this one. But I guess it doesn't stop people taking offense to it.

I understand what it means lol. I was just curious if his bottom was 15 which 14 were better. I wasn’t assuming the guy meant he’s the absolute 15th best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I understand what it means lol. I was just curious if his bottom was 15 which 14 were better. I wasn’t assuming the guy meant he’s the absolute 15th best

It was generalized statement to show how good he is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

Oh here we go with the false Bears are cheap narrative again. 

People: "I can't believe they paid X player that much money."

Also people: "Bears are cheap." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I understand what it means lol. I was just curious if his bottom was 15 which 14 were better. I wasn’t assuming the guy meant he’s the absolute 15th best

He’s in a pretty mixed group of Julio, Hopkins, MT, Hill, Evans, Godwin, Adams, Allen, Thielen, Sutton, Moore, Diggs, Lockett, OBJ, Kupp, Cooper, Green, TY, JJSS, and probably a couple others I’m guessing. It’s muddy waters aside from the top 5ish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 5:12 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

WFT needs to make this happen ASAP.

Yeah that would be a great fit for Haskins. He’s got his deep threat. At this point adding a reliable chain moving/redzone type of option like ARob would be a good move for the Washington franchise to make if the resources aren’t too expensive. With ARob, Scary Terry, and that defense... that definitely has the makings of a playoff team.

Though the cost would be the problem. If I’m them I wouldn’t give up anything more than a 2nd round pick in 2020 and perhaps a conditional 2nd/3rd round pick in 2021 dependent upon production, games played, and such. They’ve been building towards a capable unit, best not to mess that up by mortgaging too much of the future too quickly.

I don’t see any reason why with an added weapon like ARob and additional QBing experience, Haskins can’t get to the top 12-15 level of QB play, which would be easily enough to usher a playoff appearance. I know the reports that ARob didn’t ask for a trade, where there’s smoke, there’s fire. If the Bears aren’t in a good spot by the trade deadline than Washington wouldn’t be the worst spot for ARob to end up if Haskins can show development. Too many ifs at this point but it would certainly make for an exciting possibility. Would love for the beltway to have two thriving teams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...