Big Ten set to reveal plan to return to football

naptownskinsfan

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

You can thank or blame Nebraska and Ohio State for this depending on your opinion. Finally they made it happen. Not much leeway if there are cancellations for wiggle room in the schedule but this is also a strange year.

I was told Michigan was holding everything up, so with it coming back, I will thank myself for this.

2 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I was told Michigan was holding everything up, so with it coming back, I will thank myself for this.

Indeed they were one of them. Nobody other than Michigan fans believe former graduate Nicole Auerbach. From her tone throughout this, I think she is having a sad day. Glad everyone was nudged to come around.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Indeed they were one of them. Nobody other than Michigan fans believe former graduate Nicole Auerbach. From her tone throughout this, I think she is having a sad day. Glad everyone was nudged to come around.

Good to know someone who actually had a source with information is being treated poorly because she didn't pump BS others did about it (and who were wrong, but are being treated as correct because of the end result).

Wonder why that's happening.

Edited by JammerHammer21
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Good to know someone who actually had a source with information is being treated poorly because she didn't pump BS others did about it (and who were wrong, but are being treated as correct because of the end result).

I’m genuinely asking. Do you believe that Michigan’s President has been in favor of the fall season during this time? You obviously follow your team more than I do. That just is not what I have read from anywhere other than I think her. Everything I have read was that he along with the Rutgers president has been the most against it. I’m not talking about the team or the coaching staff or anything. I acknowledge that a lot of what I read comes through the Ohio state side or is recycled on the Ohio state side from outside sources. Nebraska and Ohio state have been the ones refusing to say no for a long time from everything I have read though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Or maybe we could not give knock off Q-wannabees notoriety by writing about them?

Did we forget what happens when we feed the trolls?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m genuinely asking. Do you believe that Michigan’s President has been in favor of the fall season during this time? You obviously follow your team more than I do. That just is not what I have read from anywhere other than I think her. Everything I have read was that he along with the Rutgers president has been the most against it. I’m not talking about the team or the coaching staff or anything. I acknowledge that a lot of what I read comes through the Ohio state side or is recycled on the Ohio state side from outside sources. Nebraska and Ohio state have been the ones refusing to say no for a long time from everything I have read though. 

Do I think Schlissel would want to play if he had his way? Probably not, but I also don't think he was going to entirely hold up the process. Some people said he would vote yes because of everything else going on at Michigan (GSI strike, vote of no confidence from faculty, etc.), which I don't believe.

I would say that it seems there is a material difference now compared to the last vote if they truly have secured rapid testing that can be used by every team. They also have established clear guidelines on what is required to play and what happens with players who test positive. Guess we'll see if teams are truthful about everything, but on the surface, there is something that says here is what happens if X happens and a player tests postitive.

I think the OSU side has, quite honestly, been spewing a lot of BS about the process. Plenty of toxic elements from other B1G fanbases, but there was so much "reporting" from Bucknuts, Snook, SirYacht, etc. that was just completely and obviously BS to sell a narrative that everyone else is the issue. I don't think 90% of the people claiming to have a source with a finger on the pulse had a source who actually was involved in decision making because they came from the athletics side, not the academic side, and I feel much more confident that people like Auerbach, Thamel, etc. have had access to better information. So much of what the presidents have actually said completely contradicts the "info" that was promoted by OSU sites.

Everyone is not going to play - then Wisconsin's president says everyone is going to be in lockstep. So when I look at which side accurately reported what was happening... it ain't the side that OSU sites were puffing up. Slap "sources" on something and people will believe it if it fits their narrative. You would think that every B1G athletic department has 100 decision makers with the amount of "sources" that were out there.

I shouldn't single out OSU only since I think Nebraska was spreading a ton of crap too. And they ain't earned the right to do that.

Edited by JammerHammer21
  • Like 1