Big Ten set to reveal plan to return to football

naptownskinsfan

4 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Do I think Schlissel would want to play if he had his way? Probably not, but I also don't think he was going to entirely hold up the process. Some people said he would vote yes because of everything else going on at Michigan (GSI strike, vote of no confidence from faculty, etc.), which I don't believe.

I would say that it seems there is a material difference now compared to the last vote if they truly have secured rapid testing that can be used by every team. They also have established clear guidelines on what is required to play and what happens with players who test positive. Guess we'll see if teams are truthful about everything, but on the surface, there is something that says here is what happens if X happens and a player tests postitive.

I think the OSU side has, quite honestly, been spewing a lot of BS about the process. Plenty of toxic elements from other B1G fanbases, but there was so much "reporting" from Bucknuts, Snook, SirYacht, etc. that was just completely and obviously BS to sell a narrative that everyone else is the issue. I don't think 90% of the people claiming to have a source with a finger on the pulse had a source who actually was involved in decision making because they came from the athletics side, not the academic side, and I feel much more confident that people like Auerbach, Thamel, etc. have had access to better information. So much of what the presidents have actually said completely contradicts the "info" that was promoted by OSU sites.

Everyone is not going to play - then Wisconsin's president says everyone is going to be in lockstep. So when I look at which side accurately reported what was happening... it ain't the side that OSU sites were puffing up.

Tbh I think a lot of people have been guessing and if they are right, they get to act like they were dialed in and had a source. I have no idea who that sir yacht guy is but he is obviously one example and was clearly just throwing things at the wall. I’m sure some of the Ohio State guys have been guilty of running with things without having the facts either.

I think a lot of the venom against Nicole is when you have a former Michigan graduate who is criticizing the Ohio State coach when he comes out publicly in favor of a season. The tone of a lot of what she put out throughout this showed some real biases. She may actually be connected, I don’t really know, but some of her reporting was not really disguising a slant either.

Edited by NateDawg

3 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Do I think Schlissel would want to play if he had his way? Probably not, but I also don't think he was going to entirely hold up the process. Some people said he would vote yes because of everything else going on at Michigan (GSI strike, vote of no confidence from faculty, etc.), which I don't believe.

I would say that it seems there is a material difference now compared to the last vote if they truly have secured rapid testing that can be used by every team. They also have established clear guidelines on what is required to play and what happens with players who test positive. Guess we'll see if teams are truthful about everything, but on the surface, there is something that says here is what happens if X happens and a player tests postitive.

I think the OSU side has, quite honestly, been spewing a lot of BS about the process. Plenty of toxic elements from other B1G fanbases, but there was so much "reporting" from Bucknuts, Snook, SirYacht, etc. that was just completely and obviously BS to sell a narrative that everyone else is the issue. I don't think 90% of the people claiming to have a source with a finger on the pulse had a source who actually was involved in decision making because they came from the athletics side, not the academic side, and I feel much more confident that people like Auerbach, Thamel, etc. have had access to better information. So much of what the presidents have actually said completely contradicts the "info" that was promoted by OSU sites.

Everyone is not going to play - then Wisconsin's president says everyone is going to be in lockstep. So when I look at which side accurately reported what was happening... it ain't the side that OSU sites were puffing up. Slap "sources" on something and people will believe it if it fits their narrative. You would think that every B1G athletic department has 100 decision makers with the amount of "sources" that were out there.

It's been dwarfed by the relative size of the fanbases and the relevance to CFB by the media, but Nebraska has done many of the same things. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

go blue michigan football GIF by ESPN College Football

Seriously though those two guys would make a big difference. Wade would help solidify a young secondary, and with Wyatt Davis returning, they were looking at returning the best offensive line in college football at least on paper. Guess we will see what happens there though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Everyone is not going to play - then Wisconsin's president says everyone is going to be in lockstep. So when I look at which side accurately reported what was happening... it ain't the side that OSU sites were puffing up. Slap "sources" on something and people will believe it if it fits their narrative. You would think that every B1G athletic department has 100 decision makers with the amount of "sources" that were out there.

I shouldn't single out OSU only since I think Nebraska was spreading a ton of crap too. And they ain't earned the right to do that.

Remember yesterday when Dan Patrick was pushing that Michigan was out no matter what? Also remember like a week ago when someone with tiny hands tweeted that Michigan, Illinois, and a couple other states were out because of their governors and people on this site believed them? Yet people are complaining about Auerbach LOL

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

So the competitive portion of the B1G season lasted for...

*checks clock*

4 hours. Don't even have to go to the doctor.

With Teller returning, all that means is that they're going to return arguably the best OL in the nation to go with some dude who couldn't beat out Jake Fromm at UGA at QB.