What are you reading? V1

Forge

4 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Anyone read any of Brent Weeks stuff? I just finished The Burning White, his final book of the Lightbringer series.

Just grabbed the series upon your mention of it. How did you enjoy it?

I have a problem with grabbing any book I see in certain categories. Anyone else have that issue? October I counted and read through 19 books (most between 2-400 pages). Yet I probably collected 50 or more.

Been stockpiling like a survivalist with ammo. Makes it hard with picking what to read next.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Just grabbed the series upon your mention of it. How did you enjoy it?

I have a problem with grabbing any book I see in certain categories. Anyone else have that issue? October I counted and read through 19 books (most between 2-400 pages). Yet I probably collected 50 or more.

Been stockpiling like a survivalist with ammo. Makes it hard with picking what to read next.

I really loved it. I read his other series, the Night Angel trilogy, and I really loved it too, so I picked this up as well. Was a really long wait for the last book, but it was worth it for me. Ran through it in about 4 days, but loved every second of it. I will probably give it another read or listen in a month or two.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, Mesa_Titan said:

I really loved it. I read his other series, the Night Angel trilogy, and I really loved it too, so I picked this up as well. Was a really long wait for the last book, but it was worth it for me. Ran through it in about 4 days, but loved every second of it. I will probably give it another read or listen in a month or two.

I liked Black Prism so I'm excited to read the rest. Didn't like Night Angel that much though. 

On 11/24/2019 at 12:21 AM, Mesa_Titan said:

Anyone read any of Brent Weeks stuff? I just finished The Burning White, his final book of the Lightbringer series.

How did you like it? I am 4 books away from finishing Malazan Book of the Fallen and am going to need a new series. Suppose I could go back to finishing Sanderson's Stormlight Archives.

11 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

How did you like it? I am 4 books away from finishing Malazan Book of the Fallen and am going to need a new series. Suppose I could go back to finishing Sanderson's Stormlight Archives.

ASOIAF has messed me up on trying to get into unfinished works. Stormlight isnt to conclude until 2030 or so is it? 

Im waiting till May for the last book to be released before I even begin "Legends of the First Empire" by Michael Sullivan. Which is a 6 book series that takes place in the same world as his Riyria Revelations/Chronicles.

31 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I loved it. One of my favorite series I’ve ever read. I’ve read a bit of the storm light archives, and while the premise of the book is right up my alley, I can’t seem to get it to stick to me. I always end up quitting reading it. 

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

ASOIAF has messed me up on trying to get into unfinished works. Stormlight isnt to conclude until 2030 or so is it? 

Im waiting till May for the last book to be released before I even begin "Legends of the First Empire" by Michael Sullivan. Which is a 6 book series that takes place in the same world as his Riyria Revelations/Chronicles.

Something like that but I have 100% faith in Sanderson to see it through to the end. He's earned that, Martin hasn't.