Week 3 GDT - New York Giants vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

17 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Curious do you think Kyle plays Nick or Jimmy next week vs Philly? I would have to think he would consider Nick just because Jimmy is coming off that high ankle sprain. 

You did Mullens for at least one more week. Jimmy may want to go, but you don't risk high ankle injuries like that, especially against a DL like the Eagles. He can come back against Miami or LAR. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Saints aren't very good. Brees doesn't even look to throw past 10 yards anymore. Their defense has looked terrible two weeks in a row. They won't have the big home field advantage either. 

Bucs are going to win this division. Damn it! 

I'm trying to figure out how they beat the bucs lol. 

The nfc is wonderfully mediocre this year

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Saints aren't very good. Brees doesn't even look to throw past 10 yards anymore. Their defense has looked terrible two weeks in a row. They won't have the big home field advantage either. 

Bucs are going to win this division. Damn it! 

Yeah Saints have some issues and this is the year they went all in with the salary cap. Next year their cap will be a mess.

Edited by Hopper15

My thoughts about the game: 

- Mullens played pretty well. For a backup, it's as good a game one can ask for. Especially considering he was captain of a skeleton crew. His was a little up and down the first half, but really came on strong in the second half. Especially the 4th quarter. Didn't have a turnover either. I'm guessing he plays next week against the Eagles. I can already hear whispers from fans that Mullens should be the starter which is loco. But that's NFL fandom. 

- The defense in general was just a dominant force. The only thing that was annoying that they couldn't get a lid on was those designed runs for Daniel Jones that Jason Garrett dusted off every so often. Fred Warner, Jason Verrett, and Kerry Hyder Jr. stood out to me on first viewing. 

- Not sure what the deal is with Kyle Nelson. Guess he just had a mental collapse. Hopefully it's not an ongoing issue. 

- Brandon Aiyuk was great in the second half. Sucks to see Jordan Reed get hurt again, but apparently it's not something long term even though he was clutching his knee. Too bad he couldn't get that touchdown. 

- Would have liked to see the running game be more effective, but the 49ers were down to like their 3rd and 4th string runners. Giants just played it well. That's fine. 

All in all this was a good win I won't soon forget. It really shows that the team has a good amount of depth along with the right staff in place combined with continuity. Despite the boss hogs being MIA, they still dominated. Doesn't matter if it was the Giants. When you are squashing inferior competition, that says a lot about what type of team you have. Definitely a hallmark victory. BTW, it sucks that Seattle escaped with a doo doo defensive performance yet again, but whatever. At least the Rams and Cardinals lost, and the 49ers weren't devastated by injuries for another week. More key guys will be back against the Eagles. So all in all...

IT WAS A GOOD DAY - ice cube good day - quickmeme

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

8 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm trying to figure out how they beat the bucs lol. 

The nfc is wonderfully mediocre this year

The Bucs had some costly turnovers and they were just overall rusty just like we were in Week 1. It happens, that's why you can't really take much out of week 1. But Brees didn't look great that game either. 

And yes, NFC is not good this year. I saw that from week 1 that it wasn't anything like last season and all the teams were flawed. That's what makes our injuries so frustrating. Nonetheless, even with the injuries, no reason why we can't compete with any of the teams in the NFC. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Bucs had some costly turnovers and they were just overall rusty just like we were in Week 1. It happens, that's why you can't really take much out of week 1. But Brees didn't look great that game either. 

And yes, NFC is not good this year. I saw that from week 1 that it wasn't anything like last season and all the teams were flawed. That's what makes our injuries so frustrating. Nonetheless, even with the injuries, no reason why we can't compete with any of the teams in the NFC. 

If our offense can get healthy, I feel like we can take the next step in being dominate passing the ball as well as running. It's the only way we make the playoffs with our offense carrying the team and the D being above average.