ALDS: Yankees vs. Indians

mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

Girardi lost me last night, both with the decisions, and comments he made afterwards.

credit the Indians for taking advantage, but man this sucks.

The  Yankee players didn’t deserve that last night. They came out and took it to Corey f’n Kluber, and Girardi time and time again put them in bad situations to relinquish the lead. It’s sad really. 

I'm having a really hard time getting hyped for game 3 tbh.  Tanaka and Severino can absolutely shut guys down.  But to think we are going to shut down the best team in baseball two straight games, then still have to come back to Cleveland and beat Kluber again?  So unlikely.

7 minutes ago, mission27 said:

I'm having a really hard time getting hyped for game 3 tbh.  Tanaka and Severino can absolutely shut guys down.  But to think we are going to shut down the best team in baseball two straight games, then still have to come back to Cleveland and beat Kluber again?  So unlikely.

Yep. I’m really deflated. Felt sooooooo good at the start of the game yesterday too. I’m embarrassed 

16 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yep. I’m really deflated. Felt sooooooo good at the start of the game yesterday too. I’m embarrassed 

The only thing that gives me hope is that this is Cleveland we are talking about.  Its only right that they should get their hopes up before they lose.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

These are some olympic-caliber mental gymnastics.

I'm entirely kidding, I'm an Indians fan and have no reason to defend Girardi.  Even if this does show it hit his hands there's no way you could tell just from the replay.  

8 hours ago, mission27 said:

The only thing that gives me hope is that this is Cleveland we are talking about.  Its only right that they should get their hopes up before they lose.

if that was true, 97 and 07 would of had outcomes like in 98. Indians have a post season record of 11-7 and 2-1 in series wins over the yankees. This whole, its "Cleveland were talking about", doesnt really fit that narrative. I want to say when it comes to the AL East, Cleveland has a winning record vs every team in that division in the playoffs. 

Archived