ALDS: Yankees vs. Indians

mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Yeah good point, on the off chance a ball gets to second you definitely wouldn't want a guy to field it who's played there his entire major league career.  Totally worth it to keep a career .225 hitter in the lineup so he can play slightly above average defense at 3rd for 3 outs.  

I dont care what he has done his whole career. He hasnt played 2B in weeks. Last thing you want is a hit going to him or having to turn a key double play. Issue was carrying Gonzalez over Diaz. Diaz and Ursh have been a great combo the 2nd half, specially during the 22game win streak.

2 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Literally our only hope is that Edwin has smacked two balls tonight.  Just need to pray he gets ahold of one off Chapman.  

Yeah. That what scares me. Edwin is a hard free swinger and Chapman throws ball really hard. If the bat connects with that ball its going a long way. I have a feeling Edwin is gonna tie it 

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I dont care what he has done his whole career. He hasnt played 2B in weeks. Last thing you want is a hit going to him or having to turn a key double play. Issue was carrying Gonzalez over Diaz. Diaz and Ursh have been a great combo the 2nd half, specially during the 22game win streak.

Yeah Urshela hit the **** out of the ball in the second half with a wRC+ of 48. 

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Yeah Urshela hit the **** out of the ball in the second half with a wRC+ of 48. 

Majority of the time it was Diaz starting, getting a majority of the at bats and than Ursh coming in late for defense. Something they should of done in the playoffs cause it worked very well the 2nd half.

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

30 Ks tonight. Absurd number. Either the staffs should be commended, the batters evaluated, or the umps scrutinized. Maybe all 3.

Think its just two great bullpens capitalizing on a large strikezone. Relievers get lots of strikeouts to begin with. Going to bullpen early combined with a large strikezone makes for lots of strikeouts

Archived