Week 4 GDT: Bills (3-0) @ Raiders (2-1)

NYRaider

4 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Cause the first fumble today wasn't a strip sacked. He tossed it away. Not only that strip sacks are on him. You ack like he was getting hit as soon as he hike the ball. Look at carr sack numbers to fumble ratio to other QBs. Is it higher or lower. 

Oh you mean the one that didn't count.

The OL was good enough in pass protection today but terrible in the run game. Carr played well with all things considered, not sure what else he could've done differently. That Nelly TD being called back, Waller's big drop, and Jones big drop all had a major impact on the game. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Just stop it how many times were there short passes that he threw in 2-3 seconds

that's by design and Carr has been doing for a while. that wasn't just because of pressure. Carr wasn't issue but don't call the o-line trash. lol

The fumble hurt, but Carr played pretty well imo. They still need to take more shots down the field - it seems like good  things happen when they do. I’d trade him throwing a few interceptions for them to push the ball more. 

1 minute ago, TLO said:

The fumble hurt, but Carr played pretty well imo. They still need to take more shots down the field - it seems like good  things happen when they do. I’d trade him throwing a few interceptions for them to push the ball more. 

He was 9/15 on throws 10+ yards down field today with 2 TD. He also had the 50 yard bomb to Agholor called back and the deep throw to Agholor that drew a PI. 

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

Sure, do you watch the game??

lol, stop it. our o-line was bad in run game but pass pro was fine. 

waller fumble killed us. but Carr had some good time to throw plenty of times too. 44 drop backs and 2 sacks isn't a trash line. you can say they were inconsistent a few times. trash would mean 6-7 sacks.

2 minutes ago, roi34 said:

lol, stop it. our o-line was bad in run game but pass pro was fine. 

waller fumble killed us. but Carr had some good time to throw plenty of times too. 44 drop backs and 2 sacks isn't a trash line. you can say they were inconsistent a few times. trash would mean 6-7 sacks.

Yeah, the OL was fine in pass protection. Carr was sacked twice and hit 4 times on 46 drop backs.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was 9/15 on throws 10+ yards down field today with 2 TD. He also had the 50 yard bomb to Agholor called back and the deep throw to Agholor that drew a PI. 

I absolutely think the talent and ability is there. That makes it all the more frustrating. 

1 minute ago, TLO said:

I absolutely think the talent and ability is there. That makes it all the more frustrating. 

We need Ruggs and Edwards back healthy, it's harder to take shots down field without those two. In the first two weeks he was 7/14 on passes 10+ yards down field and in the last two weeks he's 16/26 so we're definitely taking more shots. On the year he's 23/40 on throws 10+ yards down field. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Is it Carr's fault that Gruden has gone ultra conservative in scoring positions the last two weeks? That our defense can't stop anyone? That our run blocking/game has been poor? 

Carr's on pace for 4,400 yards, 32 TD, 0 INT while completing over 70% of his passes despite not having his top 3 WR's for the majority of the season. I'm not a huge fan of him but to blame the last two weeks on him is dumb. 

Your comment here about defense contradicts your response to me in the other thread, can you pick a stance already: it's carr's fault or it's our defenses fault? Also, maybe gruden goes conservative becos he knows carr is conservative by nature and has proven when he "tries" his best superstar impersonation in the end zone it 50/50 ends up in a fumble going out of the end zone, leading to the opposition gaining possession?

Also, whether it's gruden being conservative or not, carr's overall play (and matriculation to the team) has not ELEVATED compared to seasons past--except for 2016. Stop looking at stats and start watching the game; carr is an efficient quarterback without a killer instinct and can't carry the team on his back unless he has a very good oline and receiving corps around him, which is applicable to ANY professional quarterback with reasonable talent. Heck, I'm sure you and I could post decent stats for civilians if we had an oline and good receivers. Anyways that's not the point.

We can't rely on carr to win us a game when we need it, as of now. Yes, he's got the talent to be a MANAGER (NOT qb of the future) but at this point I don't believe he's not going to lead us to the promised land. Cut bait this coming off-season before we waste any more (and Carr's) time, and while his value is still on the high end compared to the low end.

Face it's, it's gonna happen. We can sig bet and everything: carr will not be the starter in 2021-2022.

Edited by doctordeath

1 minute ago, doctordeath said:

Your comment here about defense contradicts your response to me in the other thread, can you pick a stance already: it's carr's fault or it's our defenses fault? Also, maybe gruden goes conservative becos he knows carr is conservative by nature and has proven when he "tries" his best superstar impersonation in the end zone it 50/50 ends up in a fumble going out of the end zone, leading to the opposition gaining possession?

Also, whether it's gruden being conservative or not, carr's overall play (and matriculation to the team) has not ELEVATED compared to seasons past--except for 2016. Stop looking at stats and start watching the game; carr is an efficient quarterback without a killer instinct and can't carry the team on his back unless he has a very good oline and receiving corps around him, which is applicable to ANY professional quarterback with reasonable talent. Heck, I'm sure you and I could post decent stats for civilians if we had an oline and good receivers. Anyways that's not the point.

We can't rely on carr to win us a game when we need it, as of now. Yes, he's got the talent to be a MANAGER (NOT qb of the future) but at this point I don't believe he's not going to lead us to the promised land. Cut bait this coming off-season before we waste any more (and Carr's) time, and while his value is still on the high end compared to the low end.

Face it's, it's gonna happen. We can sit bet and everything: carr will not be the starter in 2021-2022.

No it doesn't. I said our defense didn't play well just that our running defense looked a lot better today, we still gave up 30 points and almost 400 yards. But that was almost entirely on our lack of pass rush and secondary. We only gave up a rushing yards and held them to under 3 ypc. Our defense overall is on pace to set the franchise record for most yards and points allowed in a season, while also setting the record for least takeaways, and putting up our second lowest sack total ever. 

Carr is on pace for a career high in passing yards, completion %, yards per attempt, and fewest INT. And if he continues at this pace will be only the third QB in NFL history to throw for 4,000+ yards, 30+ TD, while completing 70%+ of his passes. Despite playing without his top 3 WRs, a make shift offensive line, and a below average running game this year. So if he's a game manager that can only play well with a very good OL and a very good WR group how is he on pace for 4,300 yards and 32 TD this season without either? 

We're currently allowing 30 ppg. There have only been 32 offenses in NFL history to average 30+ ppg over the course of a season and you're blaming Carr for our two losses this season? Give me a break. 

There's still a lot of football to be played so we'll see what happens. But if Carr continues to play at the same level he has through the first 4 games of the season, he'll certainly be our starter next year. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

No it doesn't. I said our defense didn't play well just that our running defense looked a lot better today, we still gave up 30 points and almost 400 yards. But that was almost entirely on our lack of pass rush and secondary. We only gave up a rushing yards and held them to under 3 ypc. Our defense overall is on pace to set the franchise record for most yards and points allowed in a season, while also setting the record for least takeaways, and putting up our second lowest sack total ever. 

Carr is on pace for a career high in passing yards, completion %, yards per attempt, and fewest INT. And if he continues at this pace will be only the third QB in NFL history to throw for 4,000+ yards, 30+ TD, while completing 70%+ of his passes. Despite playing without his top 3 WRs, a make shift offensive line, and a below average running game this year. So if he's a game manager that can only play well with a very good OL and a very good WR group how is he on pace for 4,300 yards and 32 TD this season without either? 

We're currently allowing 30 ppg. There have only been 32 offenses in NFL history to average 30+ ppg over the course of a season and you're blaming Carr for our two losses this season? Give me a break. 

There's still a lot of football to be played so we'll see what happens. But if Carr continues to play at the same level he has through the first 4 games of the season, he'll certainly be our starter next year. 

When you're a qb with a defense set to be in the history books for the wrong reasons, you're put into positions to pass A LOT which adds to your narrative of him setting new records and whatnot. Plus, he's a conservative quarterback. So it's as simple as:

Conservative qb + has to pass more than the average=better stats than quarterbacks who has wayyyyy more wins than him.

See the flaw on your argument?

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not nitpicking whether our d sucks or REALLY sucks, I'm trying to call out that you can't decide whose fault it is that we've been losing: carr's or our defense's 

You're posting stats trying to defend carr HARD, which tells me you think it's the defense's fault we've been losing and I'm trying to tell you it's carr's fault (for example, whether it's grudens conservative offense because carr don't got that killer instinct) that we've been losing games.

If you're the defense, which is already trash, how would you feel having already been demolished that "hey we've got a chance our qb can get us back in this because after all it's the highest paid position!" and having to conti putting up your best effort?

I don't know about you, but my morale would be a little hindered knowing regardless of me and my d putting up "less than 3 ypc" my qb still ain't gonna pull out the dub