• Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Miami in 4
    • Miami in 5
    • Miami in 6
    • Miami in 7

7 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Toughest championship ever. Worth 2 regular titles.

2 ? Lol come on 1/2 of 1 real championship at best.  There’s not a legit nba fan in the world that would have rather won this little bubble tournament over winning the 2021 finals.  Nice for entertainment purposes and all but that’s about it

48 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

2 ? Lol come on 1/2 of 1 real championship at best.  There’s not a legit nba fan in the world that would have rather won this little bubble tournament over winning the 2021 finals.  Nice for entertainment purposes and all but that’s about it

Almost worth 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Almost worth 3.

Will always be a big fat * in nba history.  

It is what it is. Not a Lakers thing same goes for the Lightning and who ever wins the World Series.  Find me a Laker fan over 30, five years from now who will value this championship over any of there other’s.....it will always be the * step child.   I suppose if they run in back the * will largely be forgotten but if they got knocked off next year and Miami falls back to earth it will always just be the shoulder shrug “ it was 2020, covid , strange things happened yadayadayada”

18 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

It is what it is. Not a Lakers thing same goes for the Lightning and who ever wins the World Series.  Find me a Laker fan over 30, five years from now who will value this championship over any of there other’s.....it will always be the * step child.   I suppose if they run in back the * will largely be forgotten but if they got knocked off next year and Miami falls back to earth it will always just be the shoulder shrug “ it was 2020, covid , strange things happened yadayadayada”

they won the nba championship 10 months after KOBE BRYANT died what are you even talking about lol

6 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

they won the nba championship 10 months after KOBE BRYANT died what are you even talking about lol

What does that have to do with anything? That’s just in the moment emotions and feelings that are completely irrelevant.  Pretty sure Kobe’s rings will always be more revered by Lakers fans than Lebron’s.  The league threw things together and the played for our entertainment ( lol ), made it work. That’s great and all but the product was sloppy and felt like a pre season exhibition more than the nba playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Damn, if I knew I could get the Nuggets tandem going off, CP3 turning back the clock, playoff Rondo, buzzer beaters galore, LeBron vs Jimmy 30 pt triple doubles in the preseason, I might actual watch.

Any nonsense to undermine some people's achievements. 

Lol are you trying to make my point?  Sounds like the B squad took center stage.  When you win a chip going threw the gauntlet of 8th seed Blazers, 4th seed Rockets, 3rd seed Nuggets and a 5th seeded Heat team it’s safe to assume there was a pandemic in place.  

Really important to point out the seeding of the teams. So weird that something similar happens every year. It's almost like there's a seeded bracket or something...

End of the day, every team had to play in the same conditions and had a best of 7 to show their worth. Bubble or no bubble, I doubt the outcome would have been very different. 

• Like 1

the best team in the league won. lebron is still the best player alive. great bubble by the NBA 

i think all the lakers fan stuff about the people doubting the lakers (see video above) is absurd and lacks a simple comprehension of content culture. the lakers were favorites in vegas in august lol. but to be expected 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

lol I hate the Lakers but this is a joke of a take. If anything, this was more difficult.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

This NBA season isn't anything even remotely close to the significantly shortened, everyone-makes-the-playoffs MLB season. 

16 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

Really important to point out the seeding of the teams. So weird that something similar happens every year. It's almost like there's a seeded bracket or something...

End of the day, every team had to play in the same conditions and had a best of 7 to show their worth. Bubble or no bubble, I doubt the outcome would have been very different. 

I can respect that opinion just disagree in regards to historical context.  I think every sports leagues outcomes this season will remembered in a bit of a bubble ( no pun intended) .  It happened, those teams won playing under the same circumstances as everyone else, but it’s just not the same.  One look at the 2021 futures odds tells you the sharps agree with me strongly here.  No one believes the Nuggets are better than the Clippers in a normal season.  No one expects the Heat who are expected to IMPROVE there roster to be back.  

and no this doesn’t happen every year , in fact a 5th or lower seeded team hasn’t made the finals in over 20 years which not coincidentally happened in a strike shortened year.  The 2018 Cavs were actually the only non 1/2 seed to make the finals in the past 7 years.  

For the record I actually won $ on the Lakers win.  Caught Vegas at the right time pre covid when both LA teams were at +300 , put a unit on both as basically a 2 unit bet of LA vs the field.  Outside of Giannis just going nuts in the playoffs I viewed this as a near lock