• Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Miami in 4
    • Miami in 5
    • Miami in 6
    • Miami in 7

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Sigh. That’s not how basketball works lol.

LOL. You gonna explain to me how basketball works? :)
Point made was simply that Bam was overpowered in Game 1.
Now if you want to say perhaps he wasnt 100% Bam - fine, that could be. Otherwise - he didnt make a difference.

He's a youngster still. His game's gonna (probably) improve.....but its not MIAs time now.
I was more worried about Dragic and his sharpshooting / creating from outside than I was about Bam. The LAL have plenty of answers for Bam.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

LeBron and AD is the best two man combo since Shaq and Kobe.

For sure. KD/Curry might be the best duo talent wise (I mean, even that is arguable of course) but LeBron and AD elevate each other's game more and have a better 2 man game. Wade is the better player all time (for now? AD still has lots of time) but AD is the best teammate talent+fit wise Bron has ever had. 

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Bam, Dragic, etc. It doesn’t matter, they weren’t beating the Lakers. Lakers shot terrible from 3 last night and Miami had double the free throws and still lost by 10. Howard and Davis can control Bam Bam with ease.

You don't think Bam helps the disparity in offensive rebounding more than Kelly Olynyk or Meyers Leonard? Lakers had 10 more offensive rebounds, 16 in total. 

Anybody saying Bam doesn't make a difference is lying to themselves lol

3 hours ago, Leader said:

LOL. You gonna explain to me how basketball works? :)
Point made was simply that Bam was overpowered in Game 1.
Now if you want to say perhaps he wasnt 100% Bam - fine, that could be. Otherwise - he didnt make a difference.

He's a youngster still. His game's gonna (probably) improve.....but its not MIAs time now.
I was more worried about Dragic and his sharpshooting / creating from outside than I was about Bam. The LAL have plenty of answers for Bam.

He really wasn’t. Lakers got hot shooting and therefore he couldn’t be as effective. They used Bam as a help defender. He wasn’t really on AD. And offensively, his value really isn’t really felt in the points. It’s how he helps Dragic and his teammates. It’s one game. Wonder what the the people were saying after the Memorial Day massacre. 

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

You don't think Bam helps the disparity in offensive rebounding more than Kelly Olynyk or Meyers Leonard? Lakers had 10 more offensive rebounds, 16 in total. 

Anybody saying Bam doesn't make a difference is lying to themselves lol

I don't think anyone disagrees that Bam is better than Olynyk or Leonard (or at least I hope not), but let's not pretend that the production they got from Kelly Olynyk last night wasn't a huge reason for them being in that game.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not exactly true regarding what? You are failing to take into consideration that they played much more zone defense game 2 opposed to game 1. That gives AD and the others better chances for offensive rebounds. And in game 1 the Lakers still were dominating the glass as I stated. 

And you don't just go with "half their production" was missing when the replacements for those two players (Olynyk/Nunn) combined for 37 points 13 rebounds and 5 assists. When the game was completely controlled by one team, it is a HUGE projection thinking it would have been different with Bam/Dragic. Like the game could have been completely different and Olynyk may not have played more than a few minutes and same with Nunn. 

At the very least, Spo can now see he needs to play those two minutes even if Bam and/or Dragic return. Less of Robinson and more of those two. 

Disagree. I find it very hard to believe that even with Bam there that the disparity in offensive rebounding would still be as big. There quite a few times where AD would just overpower Olynyk. That ain’t happening with Bam. 

Its not a huge projection. While yes Olynyk and Nunn combined for those numbers, you don’t think A healthy Dragic and Bam don’t match at the very least match that? They can’t get yield more than 5 assists? Plus Bams impact on defense, would they still give up 124? I don’t get the issue in saying a healthy Bam, arguably their best all round player and their only legit big would’ve had a notable impact.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think anyone disagrees that Bam is better than Olynyk or Leonard (or at least I hope not), but let's not pretend that the production they got from Kelly Olynyk last night wasn't a huge reason for them being in that game.

And Kelly getting destroyed on the boards was a reason they couldn't get closer in that game. He scored but didn't do anything else. Bam averages over 5 apg alone. 

Edited by Troy Brown

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Disagree. I find it very hard to believe that even with Bam there that the disparity in offensive rebounding would still be as big. There quite a few times where AD would just overpower Olynyk. That ain’t happening with Bam. 

Its not a huge projection. While yes Olynyk and Nunn combined for those numbers, you don’t think A healthy Dragic and Bam don’t match at the very least match that? They can’t get yield more than 5 assists? Plus Bams impact on defense, would they still give up 124? I don’t get the issue in saying a healthy Bam, arguably their best all round player and their only legit big would’ve had a notable impact.

Seriously. I don't see anyone claiming the Heat would have won or would be up in the series if Bam didn't get hurt but ya'll really telling me Bam isn't gonna have an impact?

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

And Kelly getting destroyed on the boards was a reason they couldn't get closer in that game. He scored but didn't do anything else. Bam averages over 5 apg alone. 

No doubt.  But Kelly Olynyk shot 9-16 (56.3%) including 3-7 from beyond the arc, Bam only made 2 3PA over the course of the entire season.  Nearly 80% of Bam's FGs came from within 10 feet in the regular season.  Olynyk was closer to 63%.  Bam is much better defender and rebounder, but Olynyk offers more shooting.