QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

What’s with the Hurts bashing now? I’m not saying he’s the future but for a “over-drafted 2nd round QB” he, extrapolated, would have put up 5000 yards of offense and almost 40 TDs. Nothing wrong with that! Maybe that’s presumptuous and optimistic, however he’s a rookie. Give him time to breath before drafting over him. That’s a really good start to a career.  I really like Wilson but we can dramatically improve the offense with one of those WRs that would potentially fall. There’s definitely a way both teams did well on this trade. TBH, gonna need that to become a 1st though. 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Remains to be seen. He hasn’t been one for many years. We can’t hold a gun to his head and make him play. 2020 Carson Wentz sucked and lost us games. 2019 Carson was up and down, but also kinda sucked most of that year. 2018 Carson was in between, but again mostly sucked.

Maybe he flips the switch and Reich fixes him. But it was never gonna happen here.

Don't you think its foolish to not at least see what Wentz can do with Peterson gone?  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

RG3 had one good season in a gimmick offense then blew out his knee to the point where he couldn't run the gimmick anymore.  How is that the same?  Wentz is a legitimate starting QB.  No team was willing to give up anything for RG3.  Wentz just got multiple draft picks traded for him.  Again, how are they even remotely the same?

Wentz' had one good season, mostly off the success of improvised off-script sportcenter highlight plays. Then he gets hurt and no longer makes those plays. Pretty damn similar.

RG3 had one good season in a gimmick offense then blew out his knee to the point where he couldn't run the gimmick anymore.  How is that the same?  Wentz is a legitimate starting QB.  No team was willing to give up anything for RG3.  Wentz just got multiple draft picks traded for him.  Again, how are they even remotely the same?

A legit starting QB that apparently only two teams in the league wanted to even look at?Like I’m not saying I disagree but where was this Wentz defense from our NFC East friends when he was complete trash this season?

Narratives shift fast I guess.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

A legit starting QB that apparently only two teams in the league wanted to even look at?Like I’m not saying I disagree but where was this Wentz defense from our NFC East friends when he was complete trash this season?

Narratives shift fast I guess.

Dude I've been here the entire season saying trading Wentz would be stupid.

Don't you think its foolish to not at least see what Wentz can do with Peterson gone?  

He didn’t want to be here and forced his way out. Yeah it would’ve been interesting to see an offense built to cover up his flaws. But it wasn’t gonna happen so why bother dwelling on it.

We are a stronger team without Wentz, remains to be seen if we can be a better one.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What don’t you get? Wentz was not playing for the Eagles once he got benched. His feelings got hurt and that was it. He’s a good enough guy to not pout about it but trust and confidence was broken. The relationship between Lurie and Howie with Wentz was fractured. The minute he got benched, he was done in Philly. 

Just now, Kiltman said:

He didn’t want to be here and forced his way out. Yeah it would’ve been interesting to see an offense built to cover up his flaws. But it wasn’t gonna happen so why bother dwelling on it.

We are a stronger team without Wentz, remains to be seen if we can be a better one.

All you had to do was say Doug was an idiot, we fired him for you.  Drafting Hurts was a mistake, we're going to trade him away and then Wentz would have been the starter going forward. He's under contract for YEARS. I don't think setting a precedent for players forcing themselves out makes a team stronger.  

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Not to mention Wentz was basically already the OC since he aubiled 90% of Dougs calls.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Ill take 2019 Wentz as my QB any day. Wish him well in Indy

Nope. Don’t wish him well. If he wants to be a baby and piss on us on the way out by refusing to help us deal him I hope he plays well enough to get the colts a seventh seed in the playoffs next year and then fails miserably the rest of his career. 

All you had to do was say Doug was an idiot, we fired him for you.  Drafting Hurts was a mistake, we're going to trade him away and then Wentz would have been the starter going forward. He's under contract for YEARS. I don't think setting a precedent for players forcing themselves out makes a team stronger.  

You must be really close with Carson to be able to speak for him like that.