MLB Playoff Discussion

BayRaider

28 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They should have told us game 1 was going to be Braun's last start as a Brewer. Now I'm sad.

I would also like to add that I'd rather see Vogelbach go 0-4 as a lefty vs Kershaw than watch Ryon Healy look absolutely lost. This lineup is aids.

In the latest suggestion that the star shortstop will likely be playing elsewhere next year, Lindor made it sound like his time in Cleveland is coming to an end after the Indians were swept in the AL wild-card series by the Yankees.

“It’s not a surprise. It makes sense,” the four-time All-Star and two-time Gold Glove winner told reporters over Zoom on Thursday, when asked about the trade rumors he’s heard, with just one year remaining on his contract.

“It is what it is. You can’t cover the sky with one hand. It makes sense. It’s the reputation the organization has. It is what it is. On the other hand, I can’t control the future. I can’t control the moves this organization makes.”

Lindor, 26, was set to make $17.5 million after an arbitration hearing with the team last offseason. He is arbitration eligible for one more season before becoming a free agent after 2021. Lindor hit .258 with eight home runs and 28 RBIs while playing in all 60 games of the coronavirus-shortened season. He said the Indians “of course” can meet his asking price.

“It’s a billion-dollar team,” he said.

tenor.gif?itemid=5056005

• Like 1