MLB Playoff Discussion

BayRaider

I'm surprised the Braves and Marlins don't have a bigger rivalry because of their geographic closeness.

They did meet in the 1997 NLCS, but that proved to be the high point of their rivalry. The Marlins had their fire sale after winning the World Series, and would not make the playoffs again until 2003, when they won the World Series again, and then did not make the playoffs after that until this year.

55 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I'm surprised the Braves and Marlins don't have a bigger rivalry because of their geographic closeness.

They did meet in the 1997 NLCS, but that proved to be the high point of their rivalry. The Marlins had their fire sale after winning the World Series, and would not make the playoffs again until 2003, when they won the World Series again, and then did not make the playoffs after that until this year.

Why would the Marlins have any rivals? They’ve been competitive for like 5 years of their existence...

cant wait for Jeetz to win a WS against the Yanks this year tho

Edited by redsoxsuck05

3 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

i actually have enjoyed the way the Playoffs(really liking the 12p start)  have went so far. i wouldn't mind if the cut down the regular season and did the playoffs like this going forward

If they are letting more than half the league in the playoffs, go ahead and cut the season down to 100 games.  That's a nice round number.

• Like 1

4 games in the playoffs and the Astros are legit hitting just about every single fastball successfully and about to be 4-0. Seem fishy to anyone? 

I’m sure Spartica will call be bitter, but I am one of the better sportsmanship guys on here. Astros haven’t earned anyones benefit of the doubt.