Colts at Bears - 12 CBS

dll2000

40 minutes ago, G08 said:

Anyone else think Trubisky could have done better yesterday against the Colts, or am I the only one?

If he is willing to run, possibly. There were some serious running lanes but to be fair they would have flared the DEs wider to contain Ttu since Foles is the same threat to run as you and me. Lol. So gameplan would have potentiall yet changed. 

Tru would have whiffed on those deep balls Foles actually hit on, but he would have dunked and dunked on 3rd and 3 rather than throw a 30+ yarder. 

Regardless we still lose, so the end result is different only in that we would have clamored for Foles. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, G08 said:

Anyone else think Trubisky could have done better yesterday against the Colts, or am I the only one?

I don't think it would have been much worse.  

I'll give Foles this game as a rust breaker...but if we see anymore of these pathetic efforts from here on out then something's gotta give.

Personally I wasn't too happy they pulled the plug on Mitch so soon. Hope it was the right choice in the end but I don't have much confidence in this coaching staff right now ...

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Personally I wasn't too happy they pulled the plug on Mitch so soon. Hope it was the right choice in the end but I don't have much confidence in this coaching staff right now ...

Me neither. 2-0 and you yank him? Come on now. Then again, it helped against Atlanta so what do I know.

It would be typical Bears for the kid to be benched only to have 'the chosen one' suck in "Nagy's real offense".

God, I hate this ******* team.

40 minutes ago, G08 said:

Me neither. 2-0 and you yank him? Come on now. Then again, it helped against Atlanta so what do I know.

It would be typical Bears for the kid to be benched only to have 'the chosen one' suck in "Nagy's real offense".

I am fine with it. 13 games for Nagy to hang himself and for us to get answers.

Mitch isn't the guy. Now we need to see if our coach is a fraud.

4 hours ago, G08 said:

I'm not mad they pulled him. He helped put them behind and we should have lost vs DET, we nearly dropped a game vs the Barkley-less Giants, and coaching incompetence helped us late vs ATL. 

He wasnt the reason we were 2-0, he was a reason we should have been 1-2 before IND. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'm not mad they pulled him. He helped put them behind and we should have lost vs DET, we nearly dropped a game vs the Barkley-less Giants, and coaching incompetence helped us late vs ATL. 

He wasnt the reason we were 2-0, he was a reason we should have been 1-2 before IND. 

You're not giving Mitch credit for the Detroit comeback I see...hmmm

13 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Dion Sims

Adam Shaheen

Trey Burton

His resume of evaluations is more than the draft.

His ability to evaluate TEs is terrible. If that doesn't give you some concern about the early returns on Kmet go have another glass of kool aid.

Now do the same thing with every other team in the league. 

43 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Now do the same thing with every other team in the league. 

Why? My comment was that Pace’s resume at TE should cause us pause. That is fact.

I am not sure what the rest of the league has to do with our GMs struggles to evaluate TEs.

32 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Why? My comment was that Pace’s resume at TE should cause us pause. That is fact.

Compared to what though. Just because you say it does not make it a fact. I know YOU may THINK that. but that doesn't make it a fact. 

That's why I said, do the same thing with every other team. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

13 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Compared to what though. Just because you say it does not make it a fact. I know YOU may THINK that. but that doesn't make it a fact. 

Burton can't be that bad can he?  I mean Chris Ballard signed him and Ballard is a God amongst Bears fans.

14 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He has missed on 3 big investment moves at the position. That is bad. 

How would you categorize his work at TE?

Just because you have incredibly low standards does not mean the rest of us have to take an "aw shucks" approach to our GM blowing evaluations. "Aw shucks" isn't going to get us closer to a Super Bowl.

I do not think I am being crazy here if you spend 36 million in guaranteed money and a 2nd round pick on players who are bad... that is bad.

Pace has currently spent 50 million guaranteed and 2x 2nd round picks and we still aren't getting a lot from the TE spot.

59 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I do not think I am being crazy here if you spend 36 million in guaranteed money and a 2nd round pick on players who are bad... that is bad.

Pace has currently spent 50 million guaranteed and 2x 2nd round picks and we still aren't getting a lot from the TE spot.

Jimmy Graham is currently on pace for 550 yds and 12 TDs.   What more do you expect from him?