Colts at Bears - 12 CBS

dll2000

Bears face best O line in football.  Pagano better figure out some run solutions.  I like the 5-1-5 D.  Get outside that box.  Protect Roquan and let him run around and make plays clean.   We don’t need 2 ILBs on field.    Get another D linemen in there to eat a gap and a blocker.  

Other than that I haven’t watched them yet.

Feel free to scout them.

Foles v. Rivers by the Lake.

Back in ChiTown fresh from Hotlanta put it on the dial and rip off the knob!  

Just saw the 5-1-5 post you made. 

So who is the sacrificial lamb that gets to face Nelson? Hicks will do fine against him but I feel like putting tow guys that shoot gaps around Nelson might be more disruptive. Get Hicks to beat up on one side and keep throwing DL stunts around them and hope for a mistake. RRH and Nichols could be good to pair up in the A and B gaps. 

Honestly getting to see Hicks line up on Nelson would be the best match up they each get to see all year most likely. Hicks for sure, and you can't a lot better than Hicks either IMO. 

I think this was the game we picked up McCullers for, but ehh this game still worries me a bunch.... Our DL/LBs haven't looked great yet this year in run defense...

IMO best hope is that BDN can get us points early, and force Indy to have to try and play catchup with us and run less

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

So who is the sacrificial lamb that gets to face Nelson? Hicks will do fine against him but I feel like putting tow guys that shoot gaps around Nelson might be more disruptive. Get Hicks to beat up on one side and keep throwing DL stunts around them and hope for a mistake. RRH and Nichols could be good to pair up in the A and B gaps. 

Honestly getting to see Hicks line up on Nelson would be the best match up they each get to see all year most likely. Hicks for sure, and you can't a lot better than Hicks either IMO. 

The best option is to keep their offense off the field. Which, guess what? Is actually doable for the Bears now. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Michael Pittman has some odd calf injury and won't play

Well, that's good news, for sure. 

Edited by Heinz D.

12 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Just saw the 5-1-5 post you made. 

Snacks Harrison 

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Why

I don't see either teams offense doing much against the opposing teams defense. I think both teams will focus on running the football and try to grind out a win. Rivers isn't what he used to be and will have a tough time passing on the Bears defense especially since they are missing Campbell and Pittman. I think Indy's D is solid enough to largely keep the Bears offense in check. Foles made some nice throws against Atlanta but some bad ones as well and the Colts defense is far superior to Atlantas.

I am really puzzled by the Colts. Starting the year they made a lot of sense to be a strong playoff team.  The little bit I've seen of them, Rivers looks like Foles on a scared day, and the OL does not look like they do on paper.  And the teams they play don't make this any clearer:  The Jets are a bye week, the Vikings are ????, and they lost to the Jaguars somehow who are on big practice squad.  I am more optimistic about this game than I was before the season, that's for sure. 

Bears are currently +2.5 dogs at home to the Colts lol..

Still tells you what the general public and the LaCanforas of the world thinks of this Bears team.

I personally love when the Bears get disrespected and are the underdogs...seems to always work more in our favor but being an underdog to this Colts team at home..honestly I am not that impressed with the Colts this year and think they are very beatable. 

I think we stand a good chance in this one.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Bears are currently +2.5 dogs at home to the Colts lol..

Still tells you what the general public and the LaCanforas of the world thinks of this Bears team.

I personally love when the Bears get disrespected and are the underdogs...seems to always work more in our favor but being an underdog to this Colts team at home..honestly I am not that impressed with the Colts this year and think they are very beatable. 

I think we stand a good chance in this one.

Bears are seen as lucky frauds at this point by most of nation.

The narrative is they needed miracles to beat the 3 worst teams in the league.  So therefore they too are terrible.