Week 4 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Just goes to show that quality QB play is a rare find. Some teams go decades without finding someone not even worth half of Jimmy's level. 

Yep, and that's problem. Nothing you can really do about it until you just decide to reset the entire thing. 

I don't think people realize how Jimmy's quick release masks the flaws of this OL. It was the same exact thing last season. Williams had a bad game but dude is a beast so no big deal, it happens. The rest of the OL? Ugly. 

Our top three outside corners being out leading to Johnson playing was not ideal. Hopefully one or preferably all three return next week.

All Mullens had to do was play decent and we win this game. His last two turnovers led to 14 points, unacceptable. 

Must win vs Miami next week and really even the following week vs LAR. 

The offense is going to have to be elite or close to elite the rest of the way. 

1 minute ago, mw2noobbuster said:

We need to talk about this OL, though. Maybe the worst it's been since the golden age of 2013-2015. No QB can succeed with how poor they've played outside of Williams and even he was bad tonight. 

Mullens needs better awareness. There were some plays where it was obvious the ball needed to get out but he just held onto it. 

The last drive, McG got bossed. Shame, cuz he was fantastic against the Giants

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think people realize how Jimmy's quick release masks the flaws of this OL. It was the same exact thing last season. Williams had a bad game but dude is a beast so no big deal, it happens. The rest of the OL? Ugly. 

I think outsiders maybe don't realize that. There are a number of fans in here who have harped on that this off season. We were a worse team in pass protection last year than Minnesota lol. Its not good. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Must win vs Miami next week and really even the following week vs LAR. 

For sure. Rest of the season, i see only 2 games I would mark down as a win right now - Washington and the Dolphins. That's it. The rest of the games, at best, are flips. 

4 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

We need to talk about this OL, though. Maybe the worst it's been since 2013. No QB can succeed with how poor they've played outside of Williams and even he was bad tonight. 

On the bright side, the staff doesn't have to feel bad about not taking Wirfs, because having him doesn't solve this LOL. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Why McG decided to lose so much weight is bizarre to me. 

Yeah, he's not strong enough to handle anyone anymore. 

Not sure what to do with him, but if we had a G worth a damn I would want to put brunskill there. 

Paging mckivitz 

I'm a bit surprised at the mental mistakes Nick made. The missed throws early were a big swing, but that didn't cost us the game

Interceptions were inexcusable 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

We need to talk about this OL, though. Maybe the worst it's been since the golden age of 2012-2015. No QB can succeed with how poor they've played outside of Williams and even he was bad tonight. 

I know he wants to compete, but I'm indifferent about Jimmy coming back to play. Not behind that garbage line.