Week 4 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

10 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:
Jimmy gonna need a Mario star, Zenkai, bowl of wheaties, and a senzu bean if he's to survive this year.

Shanahan needs a Phoenix Down for the OL too. F this season with Wilson looking like an MVP. :(

No faith in Josh Allen keeping it up? 

I'm not going to lie....I have no idea how to fix that interior line if Tomlinson doesn't get his crap together. We aren't shelling out for guys like Scherf or Thuney next year, and there's not really anything else out there to sign this year or next. 

We'd obviously bring Richburg back even though we can't count on him to stay healthy because we would need the continuity. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm not going to lie....I have no idea how to fix that interior line if Tomlinson doesn't get his crap together. We aren't shelling out for guys like Scherf or Thuney next year, and there's not really anything else out there to sign this year or next. 

We'd obviously bring Richburg back even though we can't count on him to stay healthy because we would need the continuity. 

Like I said all off-season, you can't turn Steakums into Prime Rib. Aside from Williams and Tomlinson, who I think are just having a rough stretch, what you see from the rest of the interior is the monetary value they've invested in those positions. Richburg's injury aside, they knew what a turnstile RG was, yet they chose to address the position in-house. Oh...and they signed Compton.

But some credit must be given to the opposition also. They Giants and Iggles both rank in the top 10 against the run. We wont face a better D-Line than the Iggles all year, aside from maybe Washington and the Pats. 

And let's be honest, if Mullens makes the throws he supposed to make and doesn't turn the ball over, we win by at least 10 points and the narrative is quite different. Yes the O-Line is struggling. But missing our starting QB is really the catalyst of our out of sync offense.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Jimmy gonna need a Mario star, Zenkai, bowl of wheaties, and a senzu bean if he's to survive this year.

Shanahan needs a Phoenix Down for the OL too. F this season with Wilson looking like an MVP. :(

Like for the final fantasy reference.

Eh, the minute Bosa went down this season became about draft position and wrecking other teams seasons for me.

29 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Like for the final fantasy reference.

Eh, the minute Bosa went down this season became about draft position and wrecking other teams seasons for me.

I can see that perspective. I only wanted three guys all year not to miss any time. Jimmy G, Bosa, and Kittle. I felt like if anyone else went down for a while, or even the season, the 49ers could still get by. Without Bosa though, that's tough. I guess I should just be happy Jimmy isn't lost for the year (knock on wood). I would probably stop watching the games all together. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Forge said:

This actually sounds a little funny. I think you meant that it doesn't guarantee a super bowl every year, but saying it out loud it reads more like, "having elite QBs don't guarantee a super bowl, even though all of these guys actually have one!" 

All you have to do is look at last nights Packers game and you can see for yourself what an elite QB is all about e.g. Rodgers without Devante Adams & Allan Lazard and he still picks apart the Falcons brutal defense. That is something Jimmy can't do for the Niners and the reason why the Pack are always a SB contender regardless of how their previous season ended. If you put Aaron Rodgers on the Niners they would be SB contenders regardless of all their current injuries. 

On 10/5/2020 at 11:28 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

How much of the OL woes can be solved by having the QB reading the defense pre-snap and making the right adjustments, be it in the pass pro scheme, or audibling to a shorter pass or a running play that takes advantage of the front? I don't know that for a fact, I don't know if Mullens has audibled much or at all, and I'm sure no one on offense is going to throw him under the bus for not making the right calls, but if Jimmy comes in and the OL looks much better, the running game comes back strong, even though he's still not as good of a passer as we'd want him to be, then we'd have to assume the difference is the decision making pre-snap.

I watched some of the All 22 today and one thing that stands out is how badly McGlinchey needs more help. Kyle needs to give him some either with Kittle or chipping more to his side with McKinnon. Putting him on an island right now is not a wise decision.