2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

6 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:
16 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Lakers sign Kuzma to a 3 year, $40 million extension with a player option on the 3rd year.

All I can say is it's a very tradeable contract.

Surprisingly reasonable extension. For as much flack as we all like to give Kuzma, he's been fairly good in the role the Lakers have asked him to play next to LeBron & AD. Given the turnover they've already experienced, I imagine Pelinka is not trying to fix what's not broken. So until Kuzma/the team gives him a reason to move him for another piece, I imagine Kuzma will remain a Laker.

Yeah, this is a really underrated deal for the Lakers and one I was hoping we would make before the deadline, but wasn't too confident was going to happen.

1.) Non-Rookie max extensions don't usually happen.

2.) After Kuzma's commercial about proving the haters wrong came out.... I thought he would for sure be betting on himself this year.

Honestly 13 million is very fair for Kuzma, especially if the growth he showed as a defender in the playoff continues and he can raise his 3PT% a bit.

Honestly if he would've hit RFA I think he could've gotten quite a bit more from another team, especially a bad one. 

If he did what I mentioned above, then he would've solidly been in that 15 to 19 million range.

He's said all the right things so far and besides the first half in that last preseason game. He played very well in the preseason and his shot mechanics looked better at least when he held his follow through. Looked more like his form from his rookie year. He also made some shots on the move running around screens which supposedly is something they want him to get good at. Not sure we have many guys that can do that right now.

Honestly I kinda feel bad for Kuzma. He has caught a ton of flack from Lakers fans cause of his up and down play. I know I've been guilty of it for sure. It's just frustrating for fans cause he's the last of the young guys left and we haven't seen him build on that potential he showed in Summer League and his rookie year.

I will have to say he went from having a big role as a rookie to an everchanging one since LeBron got here and especially once we added AD, because they took up a lot of the minutes and scoring responsibility as the 3 and 4. 

Hopefully now with a more clear role from Vogel and not having to worry about his next pay day he can settle in this year. It is a big year for him, cause he's not a young guy anymore. He's entering whatever his prime will be. 

The preseason was a nice sign with him hitting 10 of 24 threes for a 41.2%. Not expecting him to be anywhere near that, but if he can be like 35 to 37% I'd be pretty happy.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Kennard is going to surprise some people this year, he's basically a better Tyler Herro.

He's nice on the offensive end when healthy, but I'd be concern is about health.

I also don't think the Pistons would have traded him if they were confident in his knees holding up for the long haul.

As good as he is on the offensive end he's that bad or worse on the defensive end. He's gonna get targeted whenever he's on the court in the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

As good as he is on the offensive end he's that bad or worse on the defensive end. He's gonna get targeted whenever he's on the court in the playoffs.

He's one of the best shooters in the league and the Clippers have enough good defenders that they should be able to hide him. I think he's going to thrive playing on a better team where he won't have to create as much. And on the other end I don't think the Clippers give up Shamet and pay him if they were worried about his knees. 

9 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Kawhi ain't leaving though. He likes being able to live in San Diego and probably loves the star treatment he gets from the Clippers being able to do as he pleases.

Kawhi's a weird dude, if they fall short again I could see him bouncing to sign with the Lakers, Mavericks, or Raptors.