2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

10 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Lakers sign Kuzma to a 3 year, $40 million extension with a player option on the 3rd year.

All I can say is it's a very tradeable contract.

Surprisingly reasonable extension. For as much flack as we all like to give Kuzma, he's been fairly good in the role the Lakers have asked him to play next to LeBron & AD. Given the turnover they've already experienced, I imagine Pelinka is not trying to fix what's not broken. So until Kuzma/the team gives him a reason to move him for another piece, I imagine Kuzma will remain a Laker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Surprisingly reasonable extension. For as much flack as we all like to give Kuzma, he's been fairly good in the role the Lakers have asked him to play next to LeBron & AD. Given the turnover they've already experienced, I imagine Pelinka is not trying to fix what's not broken. So until Kuzma/the team gives him a reason to move him for another piece, I imagine Kuzma will remain a Laker.

Agree. Although I was disappointed in his development over the course of last year, I'm glad they extended him and hope he continues to develop - both from a production perspective and ability now to put a better trade together if deemed the way to go.

At times his shot will be dropping and he looks like a bona fide NBA scorer. At others, he's: Just. Chucking. Bricks. That swing is whats got to disappear. Preseason's preseason - but he's had a good one and showed some improvement in his game. Hopefully it doesnt disappear when things get started.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

You're the king of hyperbole, brosef. The absolute king.

We remember the Zion slander my friend, I will not let you off easy. Although I will give you props on your Cole Anthony prediction he looks pretty legit. The Magic might have something with him and Fultz. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We remember the Zion slander my friend, I will not let you off easy. Although I will give you props on your Cole Anthony prediction he looks pretty legit. The Magic might have something with him and Fultz. 

What slander? That Ja Morant would be better than him and that he wasn't a #1? I do not buy anything from Zion yet. Not until he can do anything other than score. He doesn't rebound and he looks lazy on defense. I was told he was going to be a 2 way do it all monster and he hasn't even flashed that, let alone proved it. Time will tell. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What slander? That Ja Morant would be better than him and that he wasn't a #1? I do not buy anything from Zion yet. Not until he can do anything other than score. He doesn't rebound and he looks lazy on defense. I was told he was going to be a 2 way do it all monster and he hasn't even flashed that, let alone proved it. Time will tell. 

#NeverForget

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

#NeverChange

God forbid someone has a reasonable take here and not become a prisoner of the moment lol. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much recency bias happens in basketball.

Zion looks like an absolute monster in the limited sample size we've seen. We'll have to see how his body holds up over the course of an entire season but there's no denying he's a special talent. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Zion looks like an absolute monster in the limited sample size we've seen. We'll have to see how his body holds up over the course of an entire season but there's no denying he's a special talent. 

He hasn't done anything but score lol. Let's give it time. If he does this two way superstar stud create for others stuff that was promised by you, I'll concede. Until he doesn't look like a lazy turd on defense, I'll wait to judge.