2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Quick hitters:

-JaVale McGee exercised his option and will return to the Lakers

-Enes Lantern exercised his option and will return to the Celtics

-Avery Bradley declined his option and will become a free agent

-JaMychal Green declined his option and will become a free agent

-The Knicks waived or declined the options for Bobby Portis, Taj Gibson, Wayne Ellington, and Elfrid Payton

-The Lakers waived Quinn Cook

-Atlanta traded Dewayne Dedmon to Detroit for Tony Snell and Khyri Thomas

enes lantern lmao

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

That is hella risky from Hayward unless he has a promise from someone.

There was talks of him opting out all year and resigning on a longer deal, we'll see. I don't think it's a normal situation of "player mad that he's in trade talks" because of how close he is with Brad. 

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Okay I take it back. The NBA going after the Bucks like this is insane.

Yeah, considering how much tampering the Lakers did with AD for over a year and no consequences coming from that makes this Bucks situation lame af.

That being said... the picks could be juicy...

7 minutes ago, JMG5 said:
20 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Okay I take it back. The NBA going after the Bucks like this is insane.

Yeah, considering how much tampering the Lakers did with AD for over a year and no consequences coming from that makes this Bucks situation lame af.

That being said... the picks could be juicy...

lmao... y'all really can't keep the Lakers name out your mouth

41 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lmao... y'all really can't keep the Lakers name out your mouth

Because it's the most evident form of tampering in history? Has nothing to do with it being the Lakers. It's the hypocrisy of letting LeBron/LA do it but then trying to **** all over the small market trying to keep their star and catering to the big market execs that complained. It's a total joke and the reason why the NBA is a clown show. 

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Because it's the most evident form of tampering in history? Has nothing to do with it being the Lakers. It's the hypocrisy of letting LeBron/LA do it but then trying to **** all over the small market trying to keep their star and catering to the big market execs that complained. It's a total joke and the reason why the NBA is a clown show. 

lmao if you say so......

There is other examples besides the Lakers (but we know why Lakers only get mentioned) and unlike the Bucks.... Lakers weren't stupid and got caught

Clippers spent a whole year recruiting Kawhi lol

And, I don't think there is any way to punish a team for a player recruiting another player like LeBron with AD. You gonna tell players not to talk?

At the end of the day AD made his own decision to apply pressure on the Pelicans.

Way different situation from the Bucks.

Maybe if you and the Kings could've kept your mouths shut you wouldn't be in this situation right now and Bogdan would be a Buck.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

@TheRealMcCoy Tampering is tampering. You can't be selective on when you enforce it. I mean, contracts get ******* signed on the dot as soon as free agency opens. The league is rampant with it. They are willing to turn a blind eye all the time. It's a ******* farce just like the league has been for almost two decades. It's not a sport, it's the WWE.

Just now, beekay414 said:

@TheRealMcCoy Tampering is tampering. You can't be selective on when you enforce it. I mean, contracts get ******* signed on the dot as soon as free agency opens. The league is rampant with it. They are willing to turn a blind eye all the time. It's a ******* farce just like the league has been for almost two decades. It's not a sport, it's the WWE.

I get that, but you guys got caught in a pretty blatant way.

It may not be right that they are choosing to punish y'all, but again.... don't get caught and make it obvious.

I don't think this has to do with y'all being a smaller market.

And, I can't feel bad after what happened to us with Chris Paul.