Ravens extend CB Marlon Humphrey (5 years, $98.75M, $66M gt'd)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Haha! All those horrendously bad takes. As if anyone can predict the guessing game of how a college player will transition to the NFL. 

We aren't called "Football's Future" for nothing!

We've all had bad takes. My worst one was CJ Mosley. I thought he'd bust hard for the Ravens.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

I like him, but I don't like him that much...

I think people are sleeping on Humphrey. He might be the best run defending CB in the NFL (or top 3 at least), roam all over the field and is actually pretty good in pass coverage. 
I'd pay him waaaaaay before (and more) than Ramsey, Byron Jones or D. Slay. Easily
For me he is in the conversation for/ is the 3rd best CB in the NFL (White and Gilmore being 1-2)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

I'd pay him waaaaaay before (and more) than Ramsey, Byron Jones or D. Slay. Easily
For me he is in the conversation for/ is the 3rd best CB in the NFL (White and Gilmore being 1-2)

I... very much disagree. I think Humphrey is definitely top 15, maybe top 10, but he top 5? Absolutely not IMO.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

I... very much disagree. I think Humphrey is definitely top 15, maybe top 10, but he top 5? Absolutely not IMO.

Don't know what else he could do to convince you...

Elite inside or out, plays the run like a LB, playmaker. Pretty unimpeachable as a player. 

Still just 24 yo too. Ravens fans will bash/call out any overrated Ravens player all day(Judon, Mosley, etc), we're a cruel and demanding bunch. Marlon ain't that though. Beyond happy to have him locked down. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Elite inside or out, plays the run like a LB, playmaker. Pretty unimpeachable as a player. 

Still just 24 yo too. Ravens fans will bash/call out any overrated Ravens player all day(Judon, Mosley, etc), we're a cruel and demanding bunch. Marlon ain't that though. Beyond happy to have him locked down. 

PFF confuses me. 

kyqqv14ckt641.png

12 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

For the record, I think that Humphrey is a Top 5 CB in the game and worth that extension/deal.

That said, the AFC North QB's he's faced in his career, which were largely backup QBs in Pittsburgh and whoever the Browns and Bengals marched out there at QB in 6 games every season, may be part of the reason as to why those numbers are the way that they are.

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

For the record, I think that Humphrey is a Top 5 CB in the game and worth that extension/deal.

That said, the AFC North QB's he's faced in his career, which were largely backup QBs in Pittsburgh and whoever the Browns and Bengals marched out there at QB in 6 games every season, may be part of the reason as to why those numbers are the way that they are.

That's fair.

God knows I'm not going to launch into some defense of the Browns and Bengals QB situation lol. 

There has been a ton of talented WRs in the AFC North during Marlon's tenure though. AB, JuJu, Green, Boyd, OBJ, Landry, etc. And without Marlon they would've put a much bigger hurting on the Ravens for sure.

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

They confuse everyone. 

Patriots are def blessed with CB depth just like the Ravens. That Jackson and Gilmore pairing is cold. Any updates on JoeJuan Williams? Have wondered about him.

He’s finally getting some PT this year, lots of game-specific matchups (did a great job on his snaps vs Waller this past week after Waller atomized the Saints). JJ at least in part appears to be the Pats’ response to athletic tight ends with Chung out.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Danger said:

Who do you have ahead of him? As a fan of a division rival, I'd say Humphrey is definitely a top five CB.