Week 5 GDT: Garbage vs Return of Garrett

textaz03

Just now, TheStarStillShines said:

Moi aussi. In the big picture with all the injuries and glaring holes on the team not to mention still having Jerry in charge, losing is probably the best thing. 

My fear is they let Dak walk/trade him, miss out on Lawrence and take a QB. They thought Paxton Lynch was a viable QB option so I'm not exactly sold on their ability to select a QB. 

1 minute ago, TheGame316 said:

I think Dak will put a priority on guaranteed $$ now over total contract value

Stuff like this can act as a wake up call

If his ankle injury is very severe with ligament and/or tendon damage, he probably won't be ready for at least a year, maybe more. His next contract will be a difficult negotiation because no team will want to pay him a huge salary if he's unable to play next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

One reason why I was mad a doc for not signing over 4 or 5 years on a contract. Even if you feel you all the greatest nothing in football is guaranteed

No, this isn't on Dak. It's on this piss poor front office for being cheap. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D82 said:

My fear is they let Dak walk/trade him, miss out on Lawrence and take a QB. They thought Paxton Lynch was a viable QB option so I'm not exactly sold on their ability to select a QB. 

There's always plenty of risk with Jerry in charge, but at least with a poor record the Boys will have a lot more options. They may opt to re-sign Prescott (whose demands might come down) and use their top pick to strengthen the defence. 

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

Going to be difficult to decide what to do. This was the worst option for us.

I like Dak. Thibk he went from overrated to underrated.

We can't afford to pay him $40 mill if he will miss a chunk of time next year. Cant trade him with the injury.

He most likely walks and we don't get any compensation.

Just now, TheStarStillShines said:

There's always plenty of risk with Jerry in charge, but at least with a poor record the Boys will have a lot more options. They may opt to re-sign Prescott (whose demands might come down) and use their top pick to strengthen the defence. 

At this point, I'm not sure Dak re-signs.