Week 5 GDT: Garbage vs Return of Garrett

textaz03

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

Going to be difficult to decide what to do. This was the worst option for us.

I like Dak. Thibk he went from overrated to underrated.

We can't afford to pay him $40 mill if he will miss a chunk of time next year. Cant trade him with the injury.

He most likely walks and we don't get any compensation.

We'd have to tag him at 38 Million or attempt to negotiate for less which will probably have him "test the market"

He won't get an offer sheet now with ?? marks

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

Going to be difficult to decide what to do. This was the worst option for us.

I like Dak. Thibk he went from overrated to underrated.

We can't afford to pay him $40 mill if he will miss a chunk of time next year. Cant trade him with the injury.

He most likely walks and we don't get any compensation.

I could see Dak re-signing on a two-year deal that still sees him getting a lot of upfront money (at least the amount of his franchise tag) with a minimal base salary in 2021 and then something like $4M or $5M in 2022 with loads of incentives. He'll be 29 at the end of the deal, so he'll still be in his prime when he gets his next contract. 

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

They (Jones) wanted a 5th year to spread out his cap hit. It was about money. 

It’s for sure about the money, that’s why the qbs are all signing 4 yr contracts as the qb contract market keeps inflating 

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Make no mistake I blame the front office more than  Dak,  But turning down the reported 35 million per year for  5 years I was against

The risk of injury is what gives the front office the leverage

Can you honestly say if Dak had a do-over he wouldn't break the other ankle trying to sign that reported 5 year 175 right now?

1 minute ago, TheStarStillShines said:

I could see Dak re-signing on a two-year deal that still sees him getting a lot of upfront money (at least the amount of his franchise tag) with a minimal base salary in 2021 and then something like $4M or $5M in 2022 with loads of incentives. He'll be 29 at the end of the deal, so he'll still be in his prime when he gets his next contract. 

If he has ligament damage, he may not be ready for next year.

Someone will offer him money and not sure we could pay top money given the injury.

Just now, Northland said:

Has Gallimore seen much action today?  He was supposed to dress.  Thought I saw him in there.

He's been in there and seen more snaps after Hill went out. Hasn't looked great, not awful...just not great.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the Boys have a lot of cap space next year. They could potentially use most if not all of the cap space to pay Dak a ton of money in the first year (so a huge guaranteed, first-year salary and a moderate signing bonus) even if he's injured and then have him receive lower base salaries in the subsequent years to lower his cap hit. There are options on the table.