Week 5 GDT: Garbage vs Return of Garrett

textaz03

1 minute ago, Northland said:

The criticism of Dak was non stop.  Certainly no one wanted Dak hurt but many wanted another QB.  Now those who wanted another QB have got their wish.  If Dalton struggles I wonder if he will receive the same level of criticism?  

I obviously haven't been around for a while, but wanting another QB seems bizarre given how difficult it is to find a Pro Bowl-calibre QB. In addition, the team's problems go beyond the QB position. Dak was the least of the Boys' problems. 

• Like 2

One of the things I was thinking about this AM worring about this game is while I for sure was very upset about how bad our OL was I needed to remember how inexperienced they were..   our center this is his second career start.. Knight has played only 11 career games and Steele has played in 4.  I think we can expect that group to get better and better as the year goes on. 

oh.. Brown comes back scores a TD.. 

1 minute ago, Northland said:

The criticism of Dak was non stop.  Certainly no one wanted Dak hurt but many wanted another QB.  Now those who wanted another QB have got their wish.  If Dalton struggles I wonder if he will receive the same level of criticism?  

No you won’t.  Why?  Because Andy is making $27M less than Dak.  The real question is how different this defense could look with $27M more dedicated to improving personnel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

No you won’t.  Why?  Because Andy is making $27M less than Dak.  The real question is how different this defense could look with $27M more dedicated to improving personnel.

You realize a lot of the problems stem from them giving bad contracts to players on the defensive side of the ball right? 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Slamman said:

The same logic could applied to any number of positions, such as OL (look at how much Smith is making despite missing significant time the past 5 years). Guys like Cooper and J. Smith also received big-money deals, but they haven't quite performed to the level. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Cmon Slam.  This team won't commit 27mm to the defense.  They might but it will be tier two or three bargain basement players.  That's what we do.  Shop cheap and hope someone pans out.  For every Aldon Smith you get 10 Ha Ha Clinton Dix's.

14 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Some of you guys wanted this and now you're gonna get what you wanted

Never want someone injured, especially when he's trying to earn a big contract.   Also do not enjoy at all our team sucking.   The fact of the matter though is I would rather be 1-15 than 6-10.