The Good, Bad, Ugly vs Buffalo

NYRaider

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

That Ferrell pick pissed me off when I think about it. Just how it all went down. The omen was that one guy on camera and his reaction 

It's even worse that the primary reason we took Ferrell was because he fit in Guenther's system "better" than Josh Allen. 

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think an inside player is the key. Is it a free agent? Is it via the draft? We need one from somewhere.

I'm hoping to land a stud 3T in the draft because he will be 21ish and on a friendly deal for years.  I'll take anything at this point though, anyone who can make an impact from the inside.  

• Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

We can keep drafting DBs all we want. It doesn’t matter if our DL is always getting their lunch money took away. Football 101 

It also didn't help that we were in off-man coverage most of the game and that's where Allen has feasted all season.

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

I trust arnette vs diggs more than all those haha. 

put someone else in slot and let joyner go

So do I but Buffalo was moving Diggs all around the field to get favorable matchups in coverage. Guenther isn't smart enough to have his best CB shadow an All-Pro level WR all game, he'd rather let Erik Harris do it. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It's even worse that the primary reason we took Ferrell was because he fit in Guenther's system "better" than Josh Allen. 

I was at a draft party and tried defending it. Unless Ferrell somehow comes out strong, looks so bad. So many good options at that spot too. You have to hit on those early 1st round picks 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It also didn't help that we were in off-man coverage most of the game and that's where Allen has feasted all season.

Right.. there were some completions were our DBs were playing like 10 yards off. If you draft DBs high, they should be athletic enough to press like traditional Raider DBs 

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I was at a draft party and tried defending it. Unless Ferrell somehow comes out strong, looks so bad. So many good options at that spot too. You have to hit on those early 1st round picks 

Yeah Josh Allen, Montez Sweat, and Brian Burns have all produced as pass rushers while Ferrell has struggled.

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Right.. there were some completions were our DBs were playing like 10 yards off. If you draft DBs high, they should be athletic enough to press like traditional Raider DBs 

Yeah and Guenther played right into Allen's strengths with off-man and soft zone the entire game. 

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

What do you think of Marvin Wilson (3T) from FSU? 

I haven't seen much of him but he is a highly regarded prospect at a position of need for us.