The Good, Bad, Ugly vs Buffalo

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you told any team in the league we'll give you a QB that's going to throw for 4,300 yards, 32 TD, 8.0 YPA, and complete 73% of his passes while leading an offense that averages 28 ppg they'd take that. 

The Chiefs offense last season averaged 379 ypg and 28.2 ppg last season and were considered an elite unit. We're averaging 377 ypg and 27.7 ppg so far this year and people want to blame Carr for our failures, it's hilarious. 

Seriously. It's a lack of perspective tbh.

Glad I didn't watch this game from all I'm reading

Losing by a single TD against a top 5 (?) team with how hurt we were and with a chance to win should count for something in theory, but just sounds like the same old issues

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Seriously. It's a lack of perspective tbh.

We're literally on pace to have the worst defense in the history of our franchise and have essentially been in a position to where we have to score almost every possession to have a chance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

Glad I didn't watch this game from all I'm reading

Losing by a single TD against a top 5 (?) team with how hurt we were and with a chance to win should count for something in theory, but just sounds like the same old issues

The game was competitive until we shot ourselves in the foot at the end. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you told any team in the league we'll give you a QB that's going to throw for 4,300 yards, 32 TD, 8.0 YPA, and complete 73% of his passes while leading an offense that averages 28 ppg they'd take that. 

The Chiefs offense last season averaged 379 ypg and 28.2 ppg last season and were considered an elite unit. We're averaging 377 ypg and 27.7 ppg so far this year and people want to blame Carr for our failures, it's hilarious. 

People on here still want to blame Carr and think he's the problem with this team.  It is utter insanity and a clear lack of understanding of football.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They ran the ball to kill the clock yet only 29% of their carries came at the end of the game? 

Yes, they killed the clock because of their play in the other three quarters.

You ask me if I watched the game but here you are only pointing out on quarter. We got DEMOLISHED on d throughout all four quarters, which, being demolished on d, coupled with carr not having killer instinct as my original points.

What exactly are you trying to argue, that you are or ARENT so he'll bent on box scores, which contradicts your earlier post?

I may be on obnoxious but at least I'm consistent...

1 minute ago, doctordeath said:

Yes, they killed the clock because of their play in the other three quarters.

You ask me if I watched the game but here you are only pointing out on quarter. We got DEMOLISHED on d throughout all four quarters, which, being demolished on d, coupled with carr not having killer instinct as my original points.

What exactly are you trying to argue, that you are or ARENT so he'll bent on box scores, which contradicts your earlier post?

I may be on obnoxious but at least I'm consistent...

There's just no way that you can blame Carr for our losses, our offense is putting up numbers that are almost identical to the 2019 Super Bowl Champion Chiefs numbers last season buddy. Even Peyton Manning went 6-10 with a defense that allowed 30+ ppg...

Was it Carr's fault that Waller turned it over on a possession when we were driving and had a chance to tie the game?

Was it Carr's fault that Carlson missed a FG when we were driving and had a chance to tie the game last week? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

People on here still want to blame Carr and think he's the problem with this team.  It is utter insanity and a clear lack of understanding of football.  

Yeah, I'm not the biggest Carr guy. But no QB in the NFL is going to be able to win with a defense giving up 400+ yards and 30+ points every week. 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I'm not the biggest Carr guy. But no QB in the NFL is going to be able to win with a defense giving up 400+ yards and 30+ points every week. 

Exactly.  Carr is not perfect but in no way should we move on from him and he certainly isn't the problem with this team.  

Our biggest issues are defense, or lack thereof and depth.  We have terrible depth and our D is a complete dumpster fire. 

Par for the course though as this has been the case nearly every season with Carr as our QB. I really wish we could at least generate some kind of consistent pressure and  have an average D.  If we can do that we will be in the wild card hunt for sure.

waller had two big misplays today. drop by goal line and fumble in 4th. zay jones too could of had big play. long td called back and a Carr fumble. that's a lot to overcome. 

we didn't make the plays that would of changed to game in our favor, that's why we lost, and horrible defense. 

2 hours ago, doctordeath said:

The defense suck, as I've mentioned profusely. But unlike you using the box score and saying carr is hitting all these marks bla blah blah, I'm ssying he ain't the answer cus he's not winning games because of HIM.

Carr has played pretty well. Not MVP level, but he's played well. The fumbles have been problematic, but they aren't rushing fumbles. Not to excuse them, but those also fall on the O-line not keeping the pocket. 

It's not a box score thing that Carr has been playing well. He made a mistake or two today (so did Waller and others). But if you think that Carr was why we lost today, you clearly have no idea what kept us in the game. 

If we had a D at all, Carr's efforts would be gaining massive praise and we we'd be 4-0 right now. We should be 4-0 right now anyway. 3-1 ar worst. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Carr has played pretty well. Not MVP level, but he's played well. The fumbles have been problematic, but they aren't rushing fumbles. Not to excuse them, but those also fall on the O-line not keeping the pocket. 

It's not a box score thing that Carr has been playing well. He made a mistake or two today (so did Waller and others). But if you think that Carr was why we lost today, you clearly have no idea what kept us in the game. 

If we had a D at all, Carr's efforts would be gaining massive praise and we we'd be 4-0 right now. We should be 4-0 right now anyway. 3-1 ar worst. 

Or if the offense limited t/o’s and produced tds instead of fgs today we’d won 

the bills were gonna put up at least 30 Only the jets held them to 27. No way our banged up defense was gonna keep them under 30 and we almost did. Offense banged up too but you have carr arguably mvp type talent. He’s gotta carry us sometimes. He’s not the problem but he’s not the solution. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm okay with carr playing well. Okay as a key word. The d may have sucked but he was put on the field and had chances. He dumped off to Richard for gosh sakes.

Let's face it's, his mentality is conducive to good stats and efficiency, but when you look at the actual game and playing of the football, we aren't anywhere close to winning. That last drive, I could feel the buffalo d just playing it close and safe. They didn't fear his intermi ball (carr doesn't NOT have a natural deep ball). Yeah, some blame could fall on the receivers but if he's so great and should be qbotf, he should be able to make the checks at the line and put the offense in a better position. Heck, he could've even ran because the bills were in back off zone those last 6 minutes.

But he doesn't. He doesn't run or threaten to move the pocket.

Because of the killer instinct I say he doesn't have, which I'm poteni "warned" at. Le sigh.