Colts Post Game

dll2000

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

1) This offense needed blocking TEs after the **** show last year.

2) Just because a Y TE is being used as a blocking TE right now does not mean he will never be used in any other facet. 

At that time they had already brought in Demetrius Harris as a blocking TE.

I'm not criticizing the player as a bust. We can't possibly know that now. I'm criticizing the organizational thought process that forces a 2nd round pick to sit on the bench for 70% of the game. You knew in camp that you had 3 TEs - why not plan to get them all more involved?

As it stands, you're in win-now mode, your offense stinks, and your top draft pick isn't even involved in the offense. It would have been nice to use that pick on a player who could contribute right now.

15 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Not a HOF TE after 4 games is a bad pick = overreaction from dumb fans.

HAHAHA. Last week you tried to tell me that you weren't saying Kmet was a bad pick 

A week ago you tried to say Kmet was a bad pick after 3 games and I called you out on your (usual) ridiculous post and then you tried to backpedal and say that it wasn't what you meant to say just to try and save face. Yet, here were are again. What your excuse this time? 

Dude, face it. You don't even understand the basics of football. You simply follow the ball and read twitter and that's it. And that's fine and all. There's nothing wrong with that. But stop trying to pretend that you understand things that you clearly don't. It makes you foolish. 

If you don't even know the basics of the TE position and their assignments then that should be a conversation that you should stay away from. 

And FYI, Graham is tied for 2nd in the league in TD's, including 2 big 4th Q catches while playing in inept offense. To mention him only furthers my point. 

You're STILL missing the point. I am NOT saying Kmet is a bad pick whatsoever. I AM saying that Pace had 2 initial chances at TE and loaded up on Burton and Shaheen. FAIL. To try again, he signed a corpse that's useful only from 1-5 yards from a touchdown and a guy that's playing 25% of the snaps. Either he hasn't shown anything in practice or Nagy is a dumba** (which he probably is) for lying to us about how great he has looked and smart he has seemed.

Why are you missing this point so blatantly? Clearly your goal is to bash others' opinions and bully when they differ from yours yet here you are, STILL on a message board where people.. wait for it.. have opinions. You whine every week "this and that is the dumbest thing I've seen all day" but here you are! Still using your vast football knowledge to educate all of us. For that I thank you

If they wanted a Y, use the 150th pick on one. Don't use an extremely valuable pick on a Y who can't see the field in a year where you (should be) in a must win situation to survive. Clearly Harris and Graham are doing just fine. They didn't NEED Kmet right now.

So, let's try this again. 

At this point Kmet has probably not shown much in practice (which makes Nagy a liar)

At this point Kmet may be struggling with the playbook (which makes Nagy a liar)

At this point Nagy can't find a way to get this guy on the field more, furthering my point that he's an idiot

This isn't a Kmet issue. Ultimately I think he'll be a decent player. My anger is directed at the idiot who didn't find someone who can help NOW and the coach who can't get a 6'6 270 pound man involved in an offense with 1 reliable pass catcher, aside from blocking for their pitiful run game. Do you get it now?

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

You're STILL missing the point. I am NOT saying Kmet is a bad pick whatsoever. I AM saying that Pace had 2 initial chances at TE and loaded up on Burton and Shaheen. FAIL. To try again, he signed a corpse that's useful only from 1-5 yards from a touchdown and a guy that's playing 25% of the snaps. Either he hasn't shown anything in practice or Nagy is a dumba** (which he probably is) for lying to us about how great he has looked and smart he has seemed.

Why are you missing this point so blatantly? Clearly your goal is to bash others' opinions and bully when they differ from yours yet here you are, STILL on a message board where people.. wait for it.. have opinions. You whine every week "this and that is the dumbest thing I've seen all day" but here you are! Still using your vast football knowledge to educate all of us. For that I thank you

If they wanted a Y, use the 150th pick on one. Don't use an extremely valuable pick on a Y who can't see the field in a year where you (should be) in a must win situation to survive. Clearly Harris and Graham are doing just fine. They didn't NEED Kmet right now.

So, let's try this again. 

At this point Kmet has probably not shown much in practice (which makes Nagy a liar)

At this point Kmet may be struggling with the playbook (which makes Nagy a liar)

At this point Nagy can't find a way to get this guy on the field more, furthering my point that he's an idiot

This isn't a Kmet issue. Ultimately I think he'll be a decent player. My anger is directed at the idiot who didn't find someone who can help NOW and the coach who can't get a 6'6 270 pound man involved in an offense with 1 reliable pass catcher, aside from blocking for their pitiful run game. Do you get it now?

More backpedal and reneging AGAIN on your statement. Stop it. You INCLUDED Graham AND Kmet when referencing Pace. 

Think for yourself for once. and stop listening to Windy and Twitter or any other garbage. Have a mind of your own. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

More backpedal and reneging AGAIN on your statement. Stop it. You INCLUDED Graham AND Kmet when referencing Pace. 

Think for yourself for once. and stop listening to Windy and Twitter or any other garbage. Have a mind of your own. 

Way to pick out a few words. Had you bolded like 15 words further, you would've included that I didn't back pedal and I once again included Graham and Kmet. Reading is a skill.

Who on twitter is saying Kmet is a bust? Where is Windy saying Kmet is a bust? You seem to know how to put words in others' minds to help your cause. You're on a message board where others have opinions. I think Kmet should play more than 24% of the time. I'm sorry you don't agree.

It's weird that there's a lot of media chatter about Kmet now too, although you guys were first.  

I swear I can remember every one on this board talking about TE before the draft and we all seemed to have internalized the chestnut about TE taking a year to develop, and after the draft we all seemed to get that Kmet hadn't played football full time, and how it was good to have Graham to be a functional big body target, and for Harris to be the blocker so Kmet could ease into it.  I may not be the most knowledgable guy on here, but with all the issues of the offense I don't feel that bad about Kmet (yet) and since we have a pretty good blocking TE and acceptable red zone target TE ahead of him I'm willing to be patient. Besides, I just pretend Johnson was our first pick and am thrilled about him!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Way to pick out a few words. Had you bolded like 15 words further, you would've included that I didn't back pedal and I once again included Graham and Kmet. Reading is a skill.

Who on twitter is saying Kmet is a bust? Where is Windy saying Kmet is a bust? You seem to know how to put words in others' minds to help your cause. You're on a message board where others have opinions. I think Kmet should play more than 24% of the time. I'm sorry you don't agree.

He loves to take part of a quote that best fits his swinging at ghosts narrative.

For the record, most of Graham's numbers are mediocre/bad.

If you just look at TDs, then yes, he does have a bunch of those. But  pretty much every number that you would actually use to assess whether someone is efficiently contributing to an offense isn't good.

But that is just the numbers... and not someone who knows football and what a TE is suppose to do.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

For the record, most of Graham's numbers are mediocre/bad.

If you just look at TDs, then yes, he does have a bunch of those. But  pretty much every number that you would actually use to assess whether someone is efficiently contributing to an offense isn't good.

But that is just the numbers... and not someone who knows football and what a TE is suppose to do.

I agree, and in game he's had some bad drops, but I think he was purpose picked to do what Shaheen kept almost doing; lumber into end zone, catch pass next to DB

My only big gripe with him is that he hasn't been effective at the short field underneath stuff 

Our offense should be working better all around.  The player that is making my blood boil is Miller,  aside from the money Graham has been fine.  "Fine" being about as good as our offense gets as a whole this season, but that's for a different thread. 

• Like 1

Meh numbers

9.7 YPC

61% catch rate

5.9 yards per target

6.4 air yards per target is super low

2 yards average/separation

Better numbers

4.1 YAC/rec is good, helped by how short all his catches are

The TDs are good

Graham has been a upgrade over the losers last year, but is pretty overpaid at 9 million/season. I just do not see why you cannot give some of his reps and targets to Kmet if you want to get him more involved. Nothing Graham is doing is special or efficient.