Colts Post Game

dll2000

People are freaking out.  We got beat by a better team with a rusty QB.   I can get being mad about being out coached.  We were.  

You guys accuse me of making excuses?

I’m not making excuses I am saying what is.   I didn’t say one time Bears would or should win this game before the game.   I said it was possible with a good game plan which we didn’t get.   I said we can’t come out vanilla and run on first downs and that is what we did.  Indy was favored in this game for a reason.   They are better.   About week 4 the lines are largely correct.  And we got out coached on top of that.    

I said before each of other games that Bears should win easy.  Indy is a better team than Bears at this time and they are strong where we were weak.  It is a bad match up coming at a bad time.  Only thing we had going was were healthy and at home, but home field doesn’t mean much at moment.     

I’m not sure why you expected Foles to come in and play good in 2-3 days of basically walk thru practices.    I didn’t say it after game.  I talked about that all week.   Once MT was named starter Foles reps went to zero and he was scout team QB.    This is way most NFL teams do things outside the Patriots.   Why Bears would do it that way this year in this situation was stupid.  Foles should have been getting real reps all along.  

I said he would probably play bad and he played about how I expected he would.  FYI, don’t expect him to play great next week either.  That’s just how this works.   Sorry.   When you made the change you should know that Foles was going to need warm up games and defense would have to carry us for a time.   But Chicago is all out of patience and reality of current situation doesn’t matter.   But because you are mad you can’t now magically stop time and give extra reps you want and need.  Fans being upset about it won’t change that fact.   I guarantee coaches are upset about it too, but they have to blame themselves.  They went with All in with Trubisky and didn’t give Foles real reps to keep him integrating him with this team.   

Now to be fair, had they not given Trubisky every rep do they win the first two games with Trubisky?  Are we 0-2 going into Atlanta game?  I don’t know.   I do know this team would have been better if Foles was named starter in camp.   That is not saying team would be great.  Just better with Foles over Trubisky.        

The penalties and blocked punt did hurt.  All the special teams penalties hurt.  We were in constant bad field position.  They matter.  Yes, a good offense would have overcome those things.   Offense was horrid and somehow it wasn’t a blow out.  

Mack dropped an easy int and Smith dropped a hard one.  Those are two near Ints I mentioned.  It happens.  They matter.

Indy made a bunch of contested catches and Bears did not.  Bears committed PI that gave Indy chunk plays.   Indy converted a bunch of long yardage downs, which is huge.   

Even with all that defense played well.   It was offensive game plan and inability to run football that was problem.  We ran on first down again and again for less than 2 yards and Foles couldn’t over come it.  Their front 6 dominated us and they could keep deep safeties deep whenever they wanted.

I feel bad they lost a LB late.  That defense was playing really well.   

My anger is more lack of a coherent plan.

We're clearly not competing for a ring with this team as it's currently set up, but we're still running the team not only like we're some kind of contender, but acting like some of the many things that are pretty blatantly not working, are in fact working fine. It's nonsensical, and I'm basically already at a point where I'd be blowing it all up this year, and go full fire sale for next year's draft capital that my next gm can use to rebuild because I just don't see any tangible path forward for this team as it is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I’m not sure why you expected Foles to come in and play good in 2-3 days of basically walk thru practices.    I didn’t say it after game.  I talked about that all week.   Once MT was named starter Foles reps went to zero and he was scout team QB.    This is way most NFL teams do things outside the Patriots.   Why Bears would do it that way this year in this situation was stupid.  Foles should have been getting real reps all along.  

What do you mean by basically walk through practices?  Did they change how they practice this year during the week?

I understand the rust factor and all that but the game plan was absolute dog**** and Nagy didn't adjust at all during the game to help his tackles out who were clearly overmatched.

I;m not expecting for the offense to play lights out every game, but at least adjust and change the game plan as the game goes on and you realize it isn't working for you.

57 minutes ago, G08 said:

Maybe -- just maybe -- Nagy is a ****ty playcaller.

Haven't seen anyone abandon the run as quickly as he does, save for maybe Martz.

I was pretty much roasted for saying this back in 2018. He relied on cutesy plays way too much for impact. He should be forced to accept a Harbaugh role as a HC. Make a plan and delegate.  

37 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think at this point it is likely.

How many more post game press conferences do we have to hear from Nagy saying that the offense needs to be better and especially the run game...yet he abandons the run so early and often every damn game or does stupid things like handing the ball off to Patterson on key downs?

This act is getting real tiresome.  I'm sensing a fraudulent Head Coach.

Just now, topwop1 said:

How many more post game press conferences do we have to hear from Nagy saying that the offense needs to be better and especially the run game...yet he abandons the run so early and often every damn game or does stupid things like handing the ball off to Patterson on key downs?

This act is getting real tiresome.  I'm sensing a fraudulent Head Coach.

If it walks like a fraud and talks like a fraud...

The run game and rhythm over and over again.

Just now, abstract_thought said:

Part of the problem is that this team isn't built to run the ball. The OL is not good enough to win running the ball 40 times per game. That's not the type of team Nagy and Pace have put together.

Their offense isn't built to do anything really well, but they SHOULD be  at least competent enough at everything to compete.  They're not though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Part of the problem is that this team isn't built to run the ball. The OL is not good enough to win running the ball 40 times per game. That's not the type of team Nagy and Pace have put together.

The entire offensive strategy is garbage.

They aren't built to run the ball and they aren't built to pass the ball. They do not have the OL to run or pass a lot because they need deception to help make up for a lack of talent. The same for our QBs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Their offense isn't built to do anything really well, but they SHOULD be  at least competent enough at everything to compete.  They're not though. 

I'm talking more about the OL and RB groups here. This is an OL that skews to athleticism and pass protection. And the RB group is way too thin. This is a team built to pass first and foremost.