GDT - Week 6? Broncos @ The Best A Man Can Get Stadium

Deadpulse

Week 5 Poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. With an impressive performance against KC, how many points does the defense give up this week?

2. 2. How many Interceptions does Drew Lock throw?

3. 3. What do Cam's TDs look like?

• None
    • 1 rushing
    • 1 passing
    • 2 - 1 rushing 1 passing
    • 2+ rushing - 1 passing
    • 2+ passing - 1 rushing

Rough game.. but I assume most of those offensive struggles relate to the lack of practice the last 2+ weeks with Cam. My biggest thought from this game is if the Patriots could suddenly become sellers at the trade deadline because of this game.. especially if they lose to the 49ers and fall to 2-4. 

Gilmore gone? White gone? Edelman? Cam if a playoff team has an injury?

A win next week could have them pushing hard to add weapons at the deadline.. a lose could mean shipping out multiple players  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starless said:

The next two weeks are basically the season. Beating the Niners would be great, but beating the Bills is essential. I can see them still in it at 3-4 if they beat the Bills, but not at 2-5, and probably not at 3-4 if they lose @BUF 

I can barely see a W in either. Need to hope BB has one of his curses on Jimmy

On 10/19/2020 at 3:47 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Unfortunately it looks like Jules is done.

The one WR who resembles a WR who can get open. That's going to be roughhh for Cam. 

BB, as a matter of urgency, needs to sort this WR room out and get over this 

Barring a Hail Mary trade for someone like Julio I don’t see how you upgrade this WR room. 

I dont think it is worth investing future draft capitol into this WR Corp.. WR has been a major issue for years now and between Gordon / Sanu / Brown / etc etc none of the quick fixes have worked. This team has way too many holes throughout the roster to give up picks for rentals when they aren't going anywhere this year. They need to see what they have with the young guys they've got. 

Let the younger guys get reps and try to see what you have for the future... with a perfect scenario of:  

- Gunner takes over ~50% of slot reps from Edelman and plays well 

- Harry develops into a solid #2 outside receiver

- Byrd continues to be who he is as an upgraded Dorsett ( he is only 27 and could be a solid player for the next 3-4 years)

- Asiasi gets reps along with Keene and is an actual threat from the TE position. 

This won't fix this year completely  .. but would be much better than what they have now.. and be a #1 WR away from having a good receiving corp moving forward.. now will everyone improve and become future contributors .. probably not but we can dream ... 

Probably not the right thread but I've always wanted Fitzmagic to come back to Boston (he went to Harvard didn't you know? 😉) join the Patriots for one last blaze of glory and become the first ever QB to start for all four teams in a division. 

Not sure how successful his thing would be with our WRs but you never know.

Probably better he goes to the Cowboys and drags them to the Playoffs. 

• Like 1

I'm completely ignorant on routes so after Cam said what he said about the final play I went to check it and it seems Harry went too deep on his route? like 5 yards too deep on a 4th&10 play? If he had made the break 3 yards earlier it was a catch. But as I said I don't know if that was what he was supposed to do but it seems to me Cam was being a great team leader right there... Dunno.