Fabian Moreau Played Zero Snaps Last Week

MKnight82

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/deal-fabian-moreau-why-isn-220657934.html 

............."So what explains this number? It actually comes from the desired outcome, where both Kendall Fuller and Ronald Darby have been solid enough to stay on the field for the entire game. Fuller received 100% of defensive snaps, coming up with two big interceptions, and Darby clocked in with 98% of snaps.

While it was figured that those two would get the bulk of the load before the season, many thought that Washington would turn towards Moreau to play a big part in the nickel package, where he would fill in as a third cornerback, replacing a linebacker and covering the slot. In his place, it’s been rookie Kamren Curl who has shoulder a good amount of this load over the past week or two, and he’s excelled in that position"...............

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

Pretty sure that number is incorrect. 

Pretty Moreau was mistaken for Moreland at some point and it was pointed out in the game day thread. 

Didnt read the article, but I dont believe the number to be correct. 

*Edit* Relooked and Moreau messed up on the special teams fake. So maybe they are talking about defensive snaps. If so, that is interesting. Still would rather Fuller at FS and Moreau/Moreland opposite Darby. 

Edited by Slappy Mc
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Pretty Moreau was mistaken for Moreland at some point and it was pointed out in the game day thread. 

*Edit* Relooked and Moreau messed up on the special teams fake. So maybe they are talking about defensive snaps. If so, that is interesting. Still would rather Fuller at FS and Moreau/Moreland opposite Darby. 

Ya the article says Moreau's only snaps were on special teams.  

36 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I pulled that mistake.

But you nailed it. They need to do something like that with him because hes a 2021 FA. Cant be letting talent escape for nothing. If they cant find anything for him then they should be finding a deal of some kind.

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Yup. Was just coming to say this. They must be only counting defensive snaps.

• Like 1

Moreau has an 80 something grade from PFF as a corner yet, we play him very little snaps on defense and trot Apke out there who is the worst ranked FS in the NFL right now. I’m not sure how many long receptions & TDs Apke is responsible for but I’d say most of them were on him that we’ve given up so far and some others were on Landon Collins.

Darby got torched vs the Eagles? Might want to rewatch the Film as Landon Collins did not do anything when Reagor ran past him on that go route. He started to, then he didn’t and kept his eyes int he backfield, the result was the Eagles’ biggest play of the game.

Collins was responsible for one of the passing TDs vs the Ravens, Apke the other two. Vs the Browns I think the same can be said and vs the Cardinals.

The fix is simple, I’ve been talking about it since week 1 and made a thread about it too. Apke needs benched, maybe even cut all together. 

And as I’ve said since February, Collins would be a better option as a WLB in today’s NFL and he’d be worth our cap space more at that position, he’d be closer to the line of scrimmage - which is where he’s best - so it’d seem like less of a waste of our cap space then what it seems now with him playing SS.

A secondary that looked like this would be more productive for our defense and it could make our D a top 10 D instead of just top 15:

CB: Darby

CB: Moreau

Slot: Moreland

SS: Curl or Everrett 

FS: Fuller

Put Collins at WLB over KPL or SDH. You do that, then we got something. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Maybe Rivera is evaluating how many times a game Darby can get torched? Probably testing him I bet. This must be more of his famous player evaluation. 

You’re right! Darby didn’t look good. I don’t get Rivera and these decisions he makes, very questionable. 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Moreau has an 80 something grade from PFF as a corner yet, we play him very little snaps on defense and trot Apke out there who is the worst ranked FS in the NFL right now. I’m not sure how many long receptions & TDs Apke is responsible for but I’d say most of them were on him that we’ve given up so far and some others were on Landon Collins.

Darby got torched vs the Eagles? Might want to rewatch the Film as Landon Collins did not do anything when Reagor ran past him on that go route. He started to, then he didn’t and kept his eyes int he backfield, the result was the Eagles’ biggest play of the game.

Collins was responsible for one of the passing TDs vs the Ravens, Apke the other two. Vs the Browns I think the same can be said and vs the Cardinals.

The fix is simple, I’ve been talking about it since week 1 and made a thread about it too. Apke needs benched, maybe even cut all together. 

And as I’ve said since February, Collins would be a better option as a WLB in today’s NFL and he’d be worth our cap space more at that position, he’d be closer to the line of scrimmage - which is where he’s best - so it’d seem like less of a waste of our cap space then what it seems now with him playing SS.

A secondary that looked like this would be more productive for our defense and it could make our D a top 10 D instead of just top 15:

CB: Darby

CB: Moreau

Slot: Moreland

SS: Curl or Everrett 

FS: Fuller

Put Collins at WLB over KPL or SDH. You do that, then we got something. 

Switch Darby and Moreland. Jimmy belongs outside.

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

You know this dude ran a 4.35  40 at UCLA ! Let's try him at F S .. I like him better than Mooreland.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478pvgsbz8nrylv7yrcw

He turned the Philly game for us . This makes no sense to me. Another pretty good player we'll lose and have to replace.

That was Moreland who flipped the field and put us in scoring position with his return.

26 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Switch Darby and Moreland. Jimmy belongs outside.

I’m open to it, at the same time I think Darby has played just fine so far. No corner is going to lock down starting WRs all game long, especially in today’s NFL where you can’t breath on receivers w/o fearing a holding call or PI.

I don’t know if Darby has ever played in the slot so that could be an extreme disaster. What may be better if we made these moves is play Moreau back in the slot when we go w/ 3 CBs which is most of the game, that way Moreau & Darby can be the outside WRs.

Moreau isn’t the best slot CB, but this is his 3rd year having experience learning it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

You know this dude ran a 4.35  40 at UCLA ! Let's try him at F S .. I like him better than Mooreland. He turned the Philly game for us . This makes no sense to me. Another pretty good player we'll lose and have to replace.

The problem with moving Moreau to FS mid season is that he has never played safety. If we were going to do that, we should’ve done it in August, but back then we still had Sean Davis, now that we cut Sean Davis we’re all seeing what a horrible mistake it was to cut him. Even if Davis is just average to above average as a FS, he’s definitely better than dead stinking last in the league. The Steelers re-signed him w/in 24 hours of us cutting him, which tells you all you need to know.

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478pvgsbz8nrylv7yrcw

That was Moreland who flipped the field and put us in scoring position with his return.

That was the second pick right? Moreau had the first and we scored before halftime 17-7..got us back in the game .