Washington benches QB Dwayne Haskins; starting QB Kyle Allen

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

To avoid posting the highlights, can you tell me where on this drive chart Haskins was effective?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401220271

Let's examine the possible WFT scoring drives:

1. Fumble -- Biggest play was a 17-yard screen pass to Gibson
  2. Missed FG -- Biggest play was an 18-yard screen pass to Gibson
  3. Touchdown -- Biggest play was a 40-yard screen pass to Gibson
  4. FG -- Biggest play was a 12-yard screen pass to JD McKissic
  5. Touchdown -- Biggest play was the 40-yard throw to Scary Terry over Khalil Dorsey (the practice squad CB)

All other drives were punts or downs. What am I missing here? What didn't I see on Sunday that you did?

I'm not talking about his biggest plays.  I'm talking about the clear evidence that he did more than just throw screens for 300+ yards.

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Your argument is that you want to see what the rest of the offense can do without Haskins essentially. So basically the Washington offense is going to be much improved under Kyle Allen who can run it like a well oiled machine. This is ridiculous.

Its not ridiculous to say the offense might work better with the QB that actually knows the playbook after an offseason that was extremely limited with no preseason. 

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

What do you even need to see? Your terrible WRs play football other than Terry?

We have a lot of youth at that position and if someone can step up there it would be a big development for the team.  Terry was a 3rd round pick, if we hadn't given him a chance to play last year we'd never have found out he was good.

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Your OL with a less mobile QB?

Less mobile than Haskins?  

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

What exactly do you get to "evaluate" that you can't see with Haskins? Are you saying he hasn't been able to grasp the playbook at all in his four games under Rivera(highly doubt this).

The offense actually functioning.  

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is clear and blatant nepotism. It happens ALL the time in the NFL.

Actually I think its a coaching staff switching to a better QB.

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This move is either a win now move which is dumb as hell, a possible tank job which is a solid idea but a hard sell, or it is just Rivera wanting to insert his guys into the organization. "Evaluating the offense" is such a cop out for benching your starting QB FOUR GAMES into the season. Ridiculous.

New regimes usually mean new QBs.  Haskins was not picked by Rivera.  Its not like Rivera is alone in doing this it is very common for coaches to want to pick their own QB.  

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm not talking about his biggest plays.  I'm talking about the clear evidence that he did more than just throw screens for 300+ yards.

Sure, but he wasn't effective at it, hence why he was benched and the WFT lost a game that wasn't close that they probably could have won with a QB who doesn't suck.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

I haven't seen him take a single snap, but it seems to me that it's a little early to tell after only 13 starts.

He is wildly inaccurate.  I've never seen a QB with such poor accuracy become a capable NFL starter.  He should never have been a first round pick.  He has no pocket awareness, terrible footwork, terrible ball placement and makes terrible decisions.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

He is wildly inaccurate.  I've never seen a QB with such poor accuracy become a capable NFL starter.  He should never have been a first round pick.  He has no pocket awareness, terrible footwork, terrible ball placement and makes terrible decisions.  

He's the Bruce Allen of QB's

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Hmmm.  That's not good then.  Maybe they have just seen enough and have come to the same conclusion as you have.  That was a bad pick then.