Washington benches QB Dwayne Haskins; starting QB Kyle Allen

RaidersAreOne

I know the Washington football teams organization is a dumpster fire but I'm gonna defer to Rivera on this one.

Was Haskins given the job in camp?

Haskins interview after the draft rubbed me the wrong way the way he shut down not surprised tbh.

Also his Dad was a turn off talking about his brand lol just feel like football is a team sport.

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ask Paxton Lynch who the Broncos we so sure that he wasnt ready just flat out refused to play him and cut him after only 4 starts. How do you not give a 1st round QB at LEAST a full 16 game season to see if he improves and the lights come on.

Gary Kubiak didn't want him. He wanted Dak Prescott. And, I think he saw himself in Siemian (Gary was a late-round pick, and so was Trevor), so he played him.

2 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Gary Kubiak didn't want him. He wanted Dak Prescott. And, I think he saw himself in Siemian (Gary was a late-round pick, and so was Trevor), so he played him.

true, but you invested a 1st round draft pick in a QB and never gave him a legit shot to actually play. 

29 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

true, but you invested a 1st round draft pick in a QB and never gave him a legit shot to actually play. 

Yeah, I know. I don't agree with what Gary did. Then, the next year, they didn't even let Kyle Sloter play later in the year. They should have drafted him instead of Swag, and kept him as second-string (when Paxton Lynch went to IR, which should have been permanent) instead of bringing back Osweiler. Then, the next year, they would have been better off letting Lynch and Sloter duke it out instead of signing Keenum.

5 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

#HaskinsFault

Not sure I agree with this, or maybe he just gave some poor examples to justify his point.

Coordinators nowadays love to run mesh that can create an overload of players on the same spot (if you cherry pick the stills), as it involves a lot of crossing routes. One of the objectives is to create high traffic of players (offensive and defensive), and is a great call against underneath man coverages, for example.

Hard to tell on that still which routes the receivers are running,  and the down and yardage to go, aren't shown, but one of these players his winning his post route (so they are actually beating the coverage, which is the point of a playcall).

My eye test on Haskins is that he doesn't make good decisions with the football and is late a lot of times on his throws.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Yeah, I know. I don't agree with what Gary did. Then, the next year, they didn't even let Kyle Sloter play later in the year. They should have drafted him instead of Swag, and kept him as second-string (when Paxton Lynch went to IR, which should have been permanent) instead of bringing back Osweiler. Then, the next year, they would have been better off letting Lynch and Sloter duke it out instead of signing Keenum.

I dont think there should have been any sort of competition. He should have been the penciled in starter year 2 and played the entire season unless he was a absolute disaster. See what you have and it was also noted by his college HC that he was not much of a practice 'on air' type player but performed better in a game enviorment where he could improvise.

Im just sad they decided to basically punt on Paxtons entire career before ever really knowing what type of on field talent he was