Washington benches QB Dwayne Haskins; starting QB Kyle Allen

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hes scared out of his mind of making a mistake and getting benched..

He just doesn't look prepared I don't think it has to do with scared. He doesn't know the playbook could be age and being raw and maturity.

I have no sympathy for Washington if they had drafted the qb Shanny wanted Ryan Tannehill who looks like a borderline top 10 qb rn they would have been fine. Instead it's mistake after mistake. That owner doesn't deserve a fanbase.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

He just doesn't look prepared I don't think it has to do with scared. He doesn't know the playbook could be age and being raw and maturity.

I have no sympathy for Washington if they had drafted the qb Shanny wanted Ryan Tannehill who looks like a borderline top 10 qb rn they would have been fine. Instead it's mistake after mistake. That owner doesn't deserve a fanbase.

He could have benefitted from coming back to Ohio St for his Junior year. He was a 1 year wonder type of prospect who blew up his first season as a starter and declared early.

If he had a additional season getting coached by Ryan Day as a junior then he would havebeen much better off as a pro.

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

He could have benefitted from coming back to Ohio St for his Junior year. He was a 1 year wonder type of prospect who blew up his first season as a starter and declared early.

If he had a additional season getting coached by Ryan Day as a junior then he would havebeen much better off as a pro.

I'm not sure he would have beat out Fields

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I said in my prediction thread before the season that Washington benches Haskins Week 5, and then rallies to win the NFC East. Looks like it is coming true. 

Allen will lose horribly this week as well and Alex Smith comes in next week for a miracle run. 

Terrifying thought. I hope Allen is amazing and plays every snap the rest of the way. No Alex Smith behind that OL, please and thank u. 

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

Not sure I agree with this, or maybe he just gave some poor examples to justify his point.

Coordinators nowadays love to run mesh that can create an overload of players on the same spot (if you cherry pick the stills), as it involves a lot of crossing routes. One of the objectives is to create high traffic of players (offensive and defensive), and is a great call against underneath man coverages, for example.

Hard to tell on that still which routes the receivers are running,  and the down and yardage to go, aren't shown, but one of these players his winning his post route (so they are actually beating the coverage, which is the point of a playcall).

My eye test on Haskins is that he doesn't make good decisions with the football and is late a lot of times on his throws.

You should agree with it. He's right. That's not how you run those sorts of concepts. The spacing is completely f'ed up. You have three players within 10 yards of each other.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You should agree with it. He's right. That's not how you run those sorts of concepts. The spacing is completely f'ed up. You have three players within 10 yards of each other.

That's the entire purpose of the concept, to create heavy traffic underneath. If you have a clip of the play, you'll see them spread out as they run their routes.

And btw, the only reason to throw it so soon is if he's throwing it to the post, because the timing just isn't there for the underneath routes. Would love to have a video of the play to see who is he actually throwing it to.

Edited by kramxel

31 minutes ago, kramxel said:

That's the entire purpose of the concept, to create heavy traffic underneath. If you have a clip of the play, you'll see them spread out as they run their routes.

And btw, the only reason to throw it so soon is if he's throwing it to the post, because the timing just isn't there for the underneath routes. Would love to have a video of the play to see who is he actually throwing it to.

I don't even know to what concept you're referring right now (because that's not how mesh is supposed to work). Having your receivers bunched up like that is a terrible concept.

39 minutes ago, kramxel said:

BTW, if you want the play, here it is:

It's a bad concept. He should have had the HB break towards the sideline instead of creating traffic in the middle of the field. It would have stretched the defense horizontally while you're stretching them vertically down the seam. Would have given Haskins a checkdown in space without a bunch of defenders circled around him, and it would have cleared a defender out for the WR running the underneath route.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

The more I think about it the more I feel Haskins is being punished for his agent tweeting at his defense the other day.

The guy has a monstruous ego for a rookie and he already has a history of behavior like this after less than two full seasons. It doesn't feel like a crazy supposition at all that Rivera might just be trying to light a fire under his ***, especially when there are rumors running about his lack of work ethic.

Edited by LeonKennedy

He was so convinced of his status as a bona fide stud coming into the draft that he had the nerve to pout and act offended when his childhood team passed on him in favor of Daniel Jones. **** Dwayne Haskins. I've never wanted to slap another man this bad before.

Edited by LeonKennedy

18 hours ago, Gmen said:

I'd laugh, if I were in any position to do so.  But alas...

The rest of you though, feel free to have fun without me.

I got annihilated on here for questioning Haskins' ability at this level, based on his college situation. So, I'm taking a bit of silent schadenfreude today.....:D 

Although I do think it's too early to be benching him and he'll probably be back when they realise what else they've got isn't all that

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

BTW, if you want the play, here it is:

It's a bad concept. He should have had the HB break towards the sideline instead of creating traffic in the middle of the field. It would have stretched the defense horizontally while you're stretching them vertically down the seam. Would have given Haskins a checkdown in space without a bunch of defenders circled around him, and it would have cleared a defender out for the WR running the underneath route.

I thought the underneath receivers were running crossing routes (that's mesh) and not weird hitches with no spacing. 

There's also a centerfielder that didn't show up on the other still, but that post/seam route is still there for the taking. 

Regardless, you're right it's a weird design with spacing issues. 

• Like 1