Adrian Peterson not a good fit with Saints, should he be traded?

DigInBoys

1 hour ago, Marc MacGyver said:

AP's as much to blame for the failed experiment as anyone else. He pretty much packed it in after week 1.

His attitude won't do him any favours finding another team, tbh his poor attitude goes all the way back to the "Switch Scandal," with his whole me against the world carry on.  

I love the guy as a player, but he's a bit of a diva.  

What? I haven't heard anything about him being a diva at all. What has he been saying?

In the two games I saw them play they just didn't give him the ball much. He's probably just past his prime. 

14 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

What? I haven't heard anything about him being a diva at all. What has he been saying?

In the two games I saw them play they just didn't give him the ball much. He's probably just past his prime. 

Hes been a diva since highschool. 

39 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

He beat his child with a stick, & made the NFL / Vikings organisation look bad. Instead of owning up to it, & showing contrition, he put up his defences & adopted a mindset of the world's out to get him. At one point he wasn't even going to return to the Vikings because he believed they let him down, when in reality it was the other way around. (This saga dragged on for ages by the way)

Now, he's unhappy at the Saints, which was blatantly obvious from week 1. It'd be nice if he could put his ego aside, & try to fit in with one of the few teams willing to sign him for that price.  

On 10/5/2017 at 7:41 PM, Jlowe22 said:

He was an experiment.  That failed. I think he still has some life left, but Ingram and Kamara are both better backs at this point, and especially for the Saints.

AD is a lock for the Hall of Fame, and pairing him up with Drew Brees made sense.  It didn't work out, but it was certainly worth a try. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

AD is a lock for the Hall of Fame, and pairing him up with Drew Brees made sense.  It didn't work out, but it was certainly worth a try. 

I agree, and I approved of the signing when it happened.  And I still think he could have some success here, were it not for Ingram being an overall better back at this point in their careers.  The Saints just have too many backs that work well in their offense, and if I had to pick two to keep, it would be Ingram and Kamara.

AD is a guy that's it's absolutely worth taking a shot on to see if anything is left in the tank.

On 10/5/2017 at 9:07 PM, CWood21 said:

Probably a combination of both.  He's not really a 3-down back anymore, and he doesn't really function very well in New Orleans' offense.  Or at least what New Orleans wants to do offensively.

He never was a 3 down back except 3rd and short.

7 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I agree, and I approved of the signing when it happened.  And I still think he could have some success here, were it not for Ingram being an overall better back at this point in their careers.  The Saints just have too many backs that work well in their offense, and if I had to pick two to keep, it would be Ingram and Kamara.

AD is a guy that's it's absolutely worth taking a shot on to see if anything is left in the tank.

I never understood the signing and thought it was doomed from the beginning. Ingram and Peterson essentially had the same role. When Kamara was drafted, The roles were even more defined. Peterson needs a full half of work, he typically cranked it up later in the game. Peterson just isn't the type of RB who can come in and give a team a couple of random carries per quarter. 

10 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I never understood the signing and thought it was doomed from the beginning. Ingram and Peterson essentially had the same role. When Kamara was drafted, The roles were even more defined. Peterson needs a full half of work, he typically cranked it up later in the game. Peterson just isn't the type of RB who can come in and give a team a couple of random carries per quarter. 

Then he needs to retire.

The best offer he got was 2 years/7 mil from the Saints.Obviously with that kind of contract and Ingram already on the team, the Saints were never going to feed him like that. Any team signing him is going to look at him like a rotational guy at this point in his career. No one is going to feed him to the point he can get "cranked up later in the game". Either he can adapt to a part time role, or he's done.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:18 PM, Marc MacGyver said:

It'd be nice if he could put his ego aside, & try to fit in with one of the few teams willing to sign him for that price.      

few teams....?

there were no reports of any other team making him an offer.

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

few teams....?

there were no reports of any other team making him an offer.

LOL - I knew it was either - no other, or a small few that were willing to pay him anything. So, I went with a few to cover my bases.

You'd think he'd be thankful to the only team willing to take a punt on him. AD's running himself outta the league à la T.O. 

Archived