Texans GM Search

amazingandre

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

someone enlighten me...

name the impressive things he has done with the pats. 

My guess is that he’s found some real gems in undrafted free agents and lower draft picks, which is where we’re going to be living the next year or so. Good finds for special teams and defensive players

idk I’m just sick of the Easterby/Cesario circus but maybe they can impress me this upcoming draft. The important thing for me is the HC I guess. Idk. I really just wanted some freshness in the org but this just eye rolling 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Prediction - he's in San Francisco next season.

JJ Watt and Tytus Howard both liked the tweet, so there's a revolt brewing in the locker room. 

Literally the only thing Caserio can do to salvage this is fire Easterby. There is absolutely nothing outside of that which will save face - not only the fans want it, but your star players want it. He could bring in Eberflus, Brady, Selah, Bienemy - doesn't matter, this team will revile him until that devil Easterby is fired.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Watsons tweet was supposedly about the Jacob Blake decision in Kenosha. No charges were filed against the officers. 

I've heard that... And I can see that... But the timing is really sketchy. 

Given his comments on culture changes, it seems more in line with yesterday's hiring, but I am not really in a position to discuss other significant social events from yesterday - so it's very possible, if not probable.

*Mod hat on*

And we shouldn't talk about it...

*Mod hat off*

Seth Payne articulated what I feel/think best:

"Caserio is by all accounts a bright and capable guy. The problem is that he’s coming to an organization that was just decimated by two of his friends, one of whom remains on staff."

The Caserio hire in a vacuum, is a logical hire. The problem is that this has Eaterby's fingers all over it and we're still stuck chasing the "Patriots Way" which has never been replicated for good reason. We were all hoping for a change of direction, and for Cal to forge his own path. Instead, he's trying the same thing that failed us while listening to someone who needs to be removed from the team. 

• Like 5

So, we can all agree that the Texans orchestrated this effort since Jack Easterby tried to smuggle Nick Caserio out of Bob Kraft's mansion during the ring ceremony. Everything we've heard from Week 4 onwards has just been lip service, this hire was 17 months in the making.

So, here are the people we just burned bridges with...

- Deshaun Watson, JJ Watt and Tytus Howard: Maybe it was related to other events, but Watson's tweet is pretty telling, IMO. No more than 72 hours after Deshaun Watson takes near-direct shots at Jack Easterby and the lack of culture in the building, Easterby flexes his sway and takes the private jet with Cal McNair to pick up his buddy to take over one of the biggest roles on the team. Watson, Watt and Howard (who both liked the Watson tweet) were not amused. Even if the Tweet wasn't related, the culture in the building isn't changing with this hire. Jack Easterby still sets the wiretaps and controls the narrative.

- Trent Kirchner, Malik Boyd, Omar Khan, John Dorsey, Louis Riddick: Knowing what we know now, these guys were nothing more than pawns and Rooney Rule obligations. Imagine Trent and Omar, who interviewed just yesterday; They open up Twitter and found out the private plane was juiced up and Caserio was the guy, probably before they even got word that they weren't getting the job. Guess what happens when these guys get their HC gig and Caserio comes calling about a trade? Probably not a collaborative conversation.

- Andre Johnson, Jimmy Johnson, Tony Dungy, Rod Graves, RC Buford and Korn Ferry: So, this "ad hoc committee" was paraded out by Cal to his season ticket holders. The Consulting firm presented findings, which were promptly ignored. This committee was going to provide the scorecard that would determine the next leaders of this team. The search firm found incredibly qualified candidates who were interested in the job. Turns out, they're both nothing more than fluff to write to the big money guys. I have a very hard time believing that this committee said "Welp, you had it right 1.5 years ago..." and we've more or less confirmed Caserio wasn't on the Korn Ferry radar.

- The Fanbase: Sean Pendergast ran a Twitter poll, and 72% of Texans fans do not like this move. There are various reasons to not like this move (and there are 28% of fans who are good with the move) but in arguably the toughest season any of us had to endure was always - ALWAYS - predicated that there was a light at the end of the tunnel. That turns out to be wishful thinking, that light was a New England train charging right at us... with Easterby leading the way.

I've NEVER been this upset with this franchise before. It's not even that I'm upset, truth be told - I'm legitimately despondent at this news. I'm numb, I simply don't see this ever ending well for us, whenever it ends.

11 minutes ago, tab said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/kreclw/nick_caserio_new_gm_of_the_houston_texans/ 

reading some pat fans responses to the move. still really annoying and eye rolling but trying to feel optimistic

Just so fans understand how this impacts us, as a Director of Player Personnel, Nick would actively get out into the practice field and "play" with guys, do drills with them. He was about as hands on as you can get. What this meant is he was able to get live reads on how players were progressing and if they had "it" still. BB knew when to cut/trade players while they still had return value, but so did Nick. You can say whatever you want about drafting as of lately, but drafting across the board is always and has always been a crapshoot. You just don't ever KNOW about drafting players. And ultimately Nick has been apart of 5/6 of the superbowl wins, and we seem to forget the last one was only in 2018. He's still got tons of good will in the bank of any knowledgeable fan, and the "what have you done for me lately" is still pretty good. We made the playoffs last year despite a disgruntled QB and no offense. Nick shares some blame for that, but he also deserves some credit for putting together a legendary defense. There is far more good than bad to this guy. Losing him is going to hurt, but it's not going to be easy to pinpoint why exactly when a guy has been in an organization for almost 20 years, he leaves a ton of "secret responsibilities" behind. Any good boss knows that his best workers do their job well but often do subtle things that the value can't be accounted for when done and maybe even unnoticed. But you can bet when all those small things stop, it has a big impact. I got the feeling Nick was one of these guys. This one is going to hurt extra.

tenor.gif

But... freaking Jack Easterby.

• Like 1