Texans GM Search

amazingandre

7 minutes ago, tab said:

if cesario can smooth this over, he'll win the fans

He might be the only person currently in the building who could smooth things over.

I think he can, but it's going to involve transparency. Deshaun Watson needs to be involved with the HC search and the Texans need to coordinate to have a chat with Eric Bienemy.

I don't care if he's not part of that Easterby/Caserio clique, Bienemy is the guy who Watson would work the closest with - he's the guy who would get Watson focused again.

It'll be a miracle if this worked out.

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He might be the only person currently in the building who could smooth things over.

I think he can, but it's going to involve transparency. Deshaun Watson needs to be involved with the HC search and the Texans need to coordinate to have a chat with Eric Bienemy.

I don't care if he's not part of that Easterby/Caserio clique, Bienemy is the guy who Watson would work the closest with - he's the guy who would get Watson focused again.

It'll be a miracle if this worked out.

Tim Kelly is being interviewed for HC. I think this is a step to restoring good faith with Watson. Even if not hired he might be kept on as OC or WB coach. 

15 minutes ago, amazingandre said:

Tim Kelly is being interviewed for HC. I think this is a step to restoring good faith with Watson. Even if not hired he might be kept on as OC or WB coach. 

No.... just no

Edited by jch1911

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

No.... just no

If it's to placate Watson, I'm OK with OC duties. Job #1 is to keep the franchise player happy.

He needs new position coaches, and maybe a guy like Joe Brady who will say "This is how I want to do it, so do it this way," and follow that blueprint.

Let's be reasonable here - Watson set all time highs with Kelly as OC. Could we upgrade? Absolutely. But... is that upgrade worth upsetting Watson?

The HC thing brothers me though. This is like Chase Bank interviewing a janitor for the role CEO. Sure, the janitor has value... but not for THIS job. 

• Like 1

Im seeing a few different things about Bienemy on reddit right now. One tweet says he doesnt want anything to do with us, another (Albright) says he thought he was the frontrunner for us and REALLY wanted the job. I hope we interview him at least, now that we have the GM

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If it's to placate Watson, I'm OK with OC duties. Job #1 is to keep the franchise player happy.

He needs new position coaches, and maybe a guy like Joe Brady who will say "This is how I want to do it, so do it this way," and follow that blueprint.

Let's be reasonable here - Watson set all time highs with Kelly as OC. Could we upgrade? Absolutely. But... is that upgrade worth upsetting Watson?

The HC thing brothers me though. This is like Chase Bank interviewing a janitor for the role CEO. Sure, the janitor has value... but not for THIS job. 

But once again... MOST... MOST of the success DW4 had came on BROKEN plays... the OC doesn't get credit for that... especially when said OC does not design plays to protect DW4 and possibly enable him to have greater individual success so that the team has more collaborative success (wins).

To your point re: DW4, he has had a LOT of time with Kelly (IIRC Kelly has been here with DW4 since he came to the team).  Kelly is younger and probably was a stark contrast to BO'OB.  That being said, he... gotta... go (or he should go rather)

17 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

But once again... MOST... MOST of the success DW4 had came on BROKEN plays... the OC doesn't get credit for that... especially when said OC does not design plays to protect DW4 and possibly enable him to have greater individual success so that the team has more collaborative success (wins).

This is why you put a muzzle on Kelly. He's the OC, but he's not running that BoB scheme, he's running Joe Brady's scheme (hopefully). It's on Kelly to adopt the concepts introduced by Brady, not design and run the plays he ran this past season.

21 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

To your point re: DW4, he has had a LOT of time with Kelly (IIRC Kelly has been here with DW4 since he came to the team).  Kelly is younger and probably was a stark contrast to BO'OB.  That being said, he... gotta... go (or he should go rather)

I think the calculus is different now. Had Watson been included in decisions, had Easterby been fired, had Eric Bienemy interviewed for the gig - yeah, Tim is gone. 

Those things didn't happen, so you're on strike two. Strike three is removing Tim Kelly.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

If this is the compromise that keeps DW4 happy, then do it. That, or keep him on as QB coach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

i want a clean slate.  no coaches that coached with o brien with this new staff.  

But... what if Watson wants him?

We all want a clean slate, but #4 is the only one who should call the shots here.

Post 18,000!

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, they agreed in principle with Khan. Then, reversed course.

Excuse my language, but...

[removed]!!!!

[removed] [removed] [removed]!!!!!!

Not only was it a dumb decision, but it also just another thing that will make people second guess working for  the Texans. Who wants to be in business with someone like this? Cal is really an idiot, just the stereotypical rich kid, put in this position because of his father, with no business acumen. 

• Like 2