NCAA Basketball Thread: '21-22

NYRaider

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Gonzaga got an easy road to the final 4 and Iowa caught no breaks 

USC will be a tough matchup for Gonzaga in the S16. 

USC has an experienced group, is one of the best defensive teams in the country, is one of the biggest teams in the country, and will have the best player on the floor in Mobley if they play. Not to mention their head coach Andy Enfield has already made a deep run in the tournament with a small school. 

USC over Gonzaga is one of the upsets that I feel confident about. Mark Few has been known to come up short in the NCAA tournament. 

Edited by NYRaider

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

USC will be a tough matchup for Gonzaga in the S16. 

USC has an experienced group, is one of the best defensive teams in the country, is one of the biggest teams in the country, and will have the best player on the floor in Mobley if they play. Not to mention their head coach Andy Enfield has already made a deep run in the tournament with a small school. 

USC over Gonzaga is one of the upsets that I feel confident about. Mark Few has been known to come up short in the NCAA tournament. 

That would be an elite 8 matchup to go to the final four.  I don't trust USC to beat Iowa and Gonzaga in the same weekend.  They likely would also have to beat Kansas if they stay in the tournament. 

22 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

That would be an elite 8 matchup to go to the final four.  I don't trust USC to beat Iowa and Gonzaga in the same weekend.  They likely would also have to beat Kansas if they stay in the tournament. 

They definitely have a tough path but they're talented, experienced, and balanced. KenPom currently ranks them at #14 with the 30th best offensive rating and the 19th best defensive rating. They have 3 experienced upperclassmen guards in Eaddy, Peterson, and White who all played a lot elsewhere before transferring into USC. And Eaddy is the only player in their starting 5 that is shorter than 6'7. Plus they have a big in Mobley that's capable of taking over the game on both ends of the floor and might be the best player in college basketball.

Gonzaga is going to win every game by 15+ points. They are the best CBB team since ‘11 UK at a minimum but probably better. I never pick favorites because I don’t want to have to beat 20 other people who also picked the favorite to win my pool but this year there’s no point to picking anyone but Gonzaga when they have an easy path to F4, no weaknesses, 3 star players and tons of vet experience. They can do it all. Their only weakness is they’ve destroyed everyone all season and haven’t been challenged much. 

7 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Gonzaga is going to win every game by 15+ points. They are the best CBB team since ‘11 UK at a minimum but probably better. I never pick favorites because I don’t want to have to beat 20 other people who also picked the favorite to win my pool but this year there’s no point to picking anyone but Gonzaga when they have an easy path to F4, no weaknesses, 3 star players and tons of vet experience. They can do it all. Their only weakness is they’ve destroyed everyone all season and haven’t been challenged much. 

Mark Few has had great teams throughout the years and has only made the Final 4 once. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mark Few has had great teams throughout the years and has only made the Final 4 once. 

And USC has a talented team and lost in the Semi's to Colorado of the P12 tournament.  Yes they have talent, but they have also underperformed with that talent, hence the 6 seed.  They also don't have a history of success in the tournament. Enfield had one good run, but so did Shocka Smart.  Its a solid upset pick, but you have to bet the underdog 4 games in a row to think that USC will be beating Gonzaga. 

@NYRaider You ever do Fantrax's March Madness leagues? We have 11 guys in our league with 8 man rosters. We just finished up. Lots of dudes went with the depth guys on Baylor, Gonzaga, Houston (one dude took like 5 Houston guys lol). This is my squad. Don't even care if I only get 1 or 2 games out of half of them, they'll outscore the depth guys for the entire tournament IMO. I can PM ya the entire draft (we have 1 pick left) so you can get an idea of how these dudes went about it.

Jalen Suggs | Gonzaga
EJ Liddell | Ohio State
Miles McBride | WVU
Evan Mobley | USC
James Bouknight | UConn
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl | Villanova
Moses Wright | Ga Tech
Neemias Queta | Utah State

• Like 1