Quarterback of the Future

pwny

Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?

• Someone currently on the roster
    • A big name Free Agent/traded for QB
    • A journeyman Free Agent/traded for QB
    • First round Rookie QB
    • Second round or later Rookie QB

1 minute ago, pwny said:

He writes for the Browns. Might be a Bears fan though, that would make far more sense than it being a genuine thought. 

Ahh, saw The Athletic and his location being Chicago.

Going to assume that's the case though. Otherwise a whole big coincidence the image he quoted also happens to be the Bears picking 15th.

2 hours ago, Chops013 said:

Why can’t I ever feel good as a Jags fan? lol

Fields will be fine (or Wilson if whomever wants to get up in arms over CCU tape).

They have their kinks that need to be ironed out like most all guys coming out of college. Hit on the coaching staff, lock up Chark, and build around whoever it is. 

Side note, but apparently he had a hand/finger injury of some sorts. Would make at least a little sense since his accuracy didn't look like normal all game.

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I find it funny that people claiming fields sucks cuz of his 2 bad games but dont ding wilsons performance vs his best team(coastal Carolina)

Breaking: Every QB in college has bad games/stretches several times throughout their career. These guys are developing/learning. They're not some finished product. 

34 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I find it funny that people claiming fields sucks cuz of his 2 bad games but dont ding wilsons performance vs his best team(coastal Carolina)

Nobody is claiming he sucks. You just can’t ignore the two games he faced a competent defense he went a combined 30/57 for 414 yards,  2 TD’s, 5 INT’s and a lot of boneheaded decisions besides the INT’s.

When you’re in the conversation of being a top pick, people are going to pick your game apart. It’s apart of the process. He has flaws, as does Wilson, Lance and etc.

This is a pretty important pick for us, so I would like for us to actually hit on the most important position in sports.

Right now, I’m leaning Wilson. Fields is closer to Wilson than he is to Lawrence. Lawrence is in a tier by himself.

30 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Nobody is claiming he sucks. You just can’t ignore the two games he faced a competent defense he went a combined 30/57 for 414 yards,  2 TD’s, 5 INT’s and a lot of boneheaded decisions besides the INT’s.

When you’re in the conversation of being a top pick, people are going to pick your game apart. It’s apart of the process. He has flaws, as does Wilson, Lance and etc.

This is a pretty important pick for us, so I would like for us to actually hit on the most important position in sports.

Right now, I’m leaning Wilson. Fields is closer to Wilson than he is to Lawrence. Lawrence is in a tier by himself.

Right now im leaning towards trading the brinks truck for pick 1 bit honestly we shouldn't take a qb if hes not a franchise guy.  

We did that with bortles.  We need to make smart choices and not busts. 

Look at the "franchise qbs" picked from 2013 to 2016... 

Edited by LinderFournette

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Right now im leaning towards trading the brinks truck for pick 1 bit honestly we shouldn't take a qb if hes not a franchise guy.  

We did that with bortles.  We need to make smart choices and not busts. 

Look at the "franchise qbs" picked from 2013 to 2016... 

I would give the Jets anything they wanted for 1 but they won’t trade it.