Quarterback of the Future

pwny

Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starter for the 2021 season?

• Someone currently on the roster
    • A big name Free Agent/traded for QB
    • A journeyman Free Agent/traded for QB
    • First round Rookie QB
    • Second round or later Rookie QB

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Too each their own.

For me doesn't really have to do with completion percentage/stats in general. I like what I see with his release, deep ball, and off platform throws. Some of those back shoulder/deep ball passes have tremendous touch too. Guy has a throw travel 63.5 yards in the air last week. That ain't no McSorley lol.

Also:

Glad we get several more games of him to evaluate, including Boise State Friday night.

He has stuff that I like about him he throws a decent ball and he has decent arm strength but even in the first clip he made some throws that were flat.. he had 2 throws that were troubling to me and that was throw to the hash and a sideline throw that was 🤨. I like his athletic ability, he’s in command he knows his offense he has some good characteristics that I like. His level of competition is so so but if you can play you can play.. Being a franchise QB encompasses more than just QB talent. It’s so much that goes into it but outside of the talent is the work ethic. Which is where Minshew falls short Minshew works hard but he is limited talent wise. So what happens when you have to get down in a duel with a QB that works just as hard as Minshew but has world class talent to go with it. We see it year after year it’s a lot of cats out here that have NFL talent Darnold, Daniels, Rosen and so on.. but they can’t marry the talent up with the work ethic needed to be among the top 10 QBs. I’m not saying the kid is dud.. he has talent but I’d like to see more. This  also has to be situation that is nurturing for the QB. The Jags have yet to draft a QB and he be among the elite QBs in the league or even anywhere close.  I want to turn on the TV 3 yrs from now and the Jags QB is talked about in the NFL pregame shows as 1 of the must see QBs on Sundays. If the coach is changed the coaching hire and the QB need to be married together. 

12 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

He has stuff that I like about him he throws a decent ball and he has decent arm strength but even in the first clip he made some throws that were flat.. he had 2 throws that were troubling to me and that was throw to the hash and a sideline throw that was 🤨. I like his athletic ability, he’s in command he knows his offense he has some good characteristics that I like. His level of competition is so so but if you can play you can play.. Being a franchise QB encompasses more than just QB talent. It’s so much that goes into it but outside of the talent is the work ethic. Which is where Minshew falls short Minshew works hard but he is limited talent wise. So what happens when you have to get down in a duel with a QB that works just as hard as Minshew but has world class talent to go with it. We see it year after year it’s a lot of cats out here that have NFL talent Darnold, Daniels, Rosen and so on.. but they can’t marry the talent up with the work ethic needed to be among the top 10 QBs. I’m not saying the kid is dud.. he has talent but I’d like to see more. This  also has to be situation that is nurturing for the QB. The Jags have yet to draft a QB and he be among the elite QBs in the league or even anywhere close.  I want to turn on the TV 3 yrs from now and the Jags QB is talked about in the NFL pregame shows as 1 of the must see QBs on Sundays. If the coach is changed the coaching hire and the QB need to be married together. 

Yeah, I'm not into taking a QB that doesn't have the overall ability/talent to be a franchise guy. I'd rather roll with Minshew than take Trask/Mac Jones for that reason.

I'm not even sold on Wilson, only been a half season. But he at least has some of the physical traits that you look for in a franchise guy. I don't see limitations on his arm strength (he's not Josh Allen, but I see an above average/good arm). He seems to have that work ethic and a good head on his shoulders. He also seems like a guy who continues to get better, which is always good to see with his traits.

The key is to continue on that upward trajectory. Right now there's 3 guys that I know for sure at least have the tools to be franchise guys (TLaw/Fields/Lance), I'm just praying there's a 4th given the slight chance all 3 are out of range or hope he can make a run at Lance as QB3 to at least make things interesting.

I'm definitely kinda intrigued by Zach Wilson.  Need to watch a lot more, and a lot more closely.  Haven't really been paying attention to CFB this year tbh.  But what i have seen, is kinda interesting.  Reminds me a bit of a sorta Josh Allen minus the special arm.  I'm not sure what that really is in the NFL though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I'm definitely kinda intrigued by Zach Wilson.  Need to watch a lot more, and a lot more closely.  Haven't really been paying attention to CFB this year tbh.  But what i have seen, is kinda interesting.  Reminds me a bit of a sorta Josh Allen minus the special arm.  I'm not sure what that really is in the NFL though.

ummm a more natural throwing Bortles?

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Wilson has really good touch and seems to not have the short/intermediate accuracy issues Allen had though.

Idk, he's a tough comp for me. I've seen a lot of people call him Morman-Kyler (obviously not as gifted running though). I can kinda see it sometimes.

Can't personally really think up an accurate comparison myself though. 

24 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Wilson has really good touch and seems to not have the short/intermediate accuracy issues Allen had though.

Idk, he's a tough comp for me. I've seen a lot of people call him Morman-Kyler (obviously not as gifted running though). I can kinda see it sometimes.

Can't personally really think up an accurate comparison myself though. 

I don't necessarily need a comp anyway.  It's a nice reference point.  But more importantly...I think he generally fits the broader mold of the type of QB that is finding a lot of success in today's NFL.  He's got a lot of those traits common to most of the best QBs in the league right now.  The mobility, elusiveness, ability to make plays off schedule and on the move.  I'd like more arm there, from what i've seen...but i think it's plenty, and i like the way he releases the ball quietly with ease, and it doesn't come flying out like a lame duck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

i always take theirs with a huge grain of salt.  usually they put a mid-round guy in round 1 cuz their PFF grade

7 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i always take theirs with a huge grain of salt.  usually they put a mid-round guy in round 1 cuz their PFF grade

It's November 4th, all mocks are BS.

Just another person/place talking about him as a top 3-4 QB in this class with legit 1st round hype based on play so far.