GDT: Steelers (5-0) at Titans (5-0)

Titans fan 617

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

He also called Adoree, "Pathetic little ole Adoree" acting like he wont help our defense at all. It is what it is. I trust that Vrabel and crew have there finger on the pulse with Sambrailo and a backup plan if anything were to go south real hard. They will make adjustments. I trust they will make the right call. 

You must have me confused with someone else. I never said Adoree wouldn’t help at all. I said he’s not fixing this defense. Speaking of calling people out, aren’t you the one that said the defense is perfect just the way it is? Yea ok then. I trust Vrabel and Robinson too but if you think that Sambrailo(a journeyman OT) is going to be able to hold up 1 on 1 for long stretches, then you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. Sure he’s played solid in short stretches here and there when Lewan has been out. Now that he’s the full time starter, teams are going to target him big time. That’s going to make guys like Smith, Pruitt, Humphries, Firkser, Henry, McNichols, etc. having to help more in blocking. It’s the same thing that happened when Lewan missed last year and Kelly was playing LT. Maybe both of you think it’s madden and you can put any player out there one on one and just block anyone the whole game without issue. 

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

You must have me confused with someone else. I never said Adoree wouldn’t help at all. I said he’s not fixing this defense. Speaking of calling people out, aren’t you the one that said the defense is perfect just the way it is? Yea ok then. I trust Vrabel and Robinson too but if you think that Sambrailo(a journeyman OT) is going to be able to hold up 1 on 1 for long stretches, then you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. Sure he’s played solid in short stretches here and there when Lewan has been out. Now that he’s the full time starter, teams are going to target him big time. That’s going to make guys like Smith, Pruitt, Humphries, Firkser, Henry, McNichols, etc. having to help more in blocking. It’s the same thing that happened when Lewan missed last year and Kelly was playing LT. Maybe both of you think it’s madden and you can put any player out there one on one and just block anyone the whole game without issue. 

Check the game day thread. Check the record. You said what you said. "Pathetic little ole Adoree." I said during the game at whatever point, I really thought we hadn't played, "terrible" and then the end of the third and 4th quarter happened, and I admitted it spiraled out of control and we started to look bad on defense. I look at things as a whole and don't react play by play. I stand by the fact that I thought we played good enough defense in the first half, then we started to look bad. Never said the defense is perfectly fine the way it is, I want Adoree back and think he will make a difference. Titans dealt with a lot of adversity for 2 and a half weeks on a already wonky season. Things are new for this D, playcallers, new players, not having a player one week then having them the next. The D could be garbage. But I am not ready to say that after a terrible game. A week earlier on no practice and no Simmons we made Josh Allen look very pedestrian. I have repeated multiple times I don't expect this d to be a number one d, I expect that we can figure it out and start making the timely stops and turnovers to get us in good position. We have the talent to do it, I trust that it will get turned around on D.

24 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Check the game day thread. Check the record. You said what you said. "Pathetic little ole Adoree." I said during the game at whatever point, I really thought we hadn't played, "terrible" and then the end of the third and 4th quarter happened, and I admitted it spiraled out of control and we started to look bad on defense. I look at things as a whole and don't react play by play. I stand by the fact that I thought we played good enough defense in the first half, then we started to look bad. Never said the defense is perfectly fine the way it is, I want Adoree back and think he will make a difference. Titans dealt with a lot of adversity for 2 and a half weeks on a already wonky season. Things are new for this D, playcallers, new players, not having a player one week then having them the next. The D could be garbage. But I am not ready to say that after a terrible game. A week earlier on no practice and no Simmons we made Josh Allen look very pedestrian. I have repeated multiple times I don't expect this d to be a number one d, I expect that we can figure it out and start making the timely stops and turnovers to get us in good position. We have the talent to do it, I trust that it will get turned around on D.

“Bye bye undefeated. You play like trash and this is what happens. Pathetic and little ol Adoree ain’t fixing this defense.“

That was my exact quote. I didn’t call him pathetic. I called the defenses performance pathetic which it was.... Adoree is a pretty solid CB but he isn’t transforming this defense from bad to good. I don’t even know if an elite CB could do that right. I truly don’t think it’s a pure talent issue on defense. At full strength, they should be a pretty good defense. Losing Casey might’ve hurt more than what we anticipated but the true loss has been Pees. Our defensive philosophy right now is a joke. I understand speed is an issue with Joseph but my god... playing every CB off and playing a weak zone is just a joke a this point. Pass-rush hasn’t really improved either it seems. Roberson and Beasley barely have played and Clowney just isn’t getting the sacks which isn’t a shocker.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

“Bye bye undefeated. You play like trash and this is what happens. Pathetic and little ol Adoree ain’t fixing this defense.“

That was my exact quote. I didn’t call him pathetic. I called the defenses performance pathetic which it was.... Adoree is a pretty solid CB but he isn’t transforming this defense from bad to good. I don’t even know if an elite CB could do that right. I truly don’t think it’s a pure talent issue on defense. At full strength, they should be a pretty good defense. Losing Casey might’ve hurt more than what we anticipated but the true loss has been Pees. Our defensive philosophy right now is a joke. I understand speed is an issue with Joseph but my god... playing every CB off and playing a weak zone is just a joke a this point. Pass-rush hasn’t really improved either it seems. Roberson and Beasley barely have played and Clowney just isn’t getting the sacks which isn’t a shocker.

Haha, I mean I am not trying to be a ****, but that quote still is showing that you called him "pathetic." Whether you meant it or not, that's just not what the sentence says and reads, pathetic is in reference to Adoree. But whatever. Call me a toxic crazy optimist, I have faith that everything is not going to be perfect each week, but we find ways to win and I believe we will find a way to get better on defense. Clowneys impact to me is bigger than just tallying sacks, I mean if you look at the stats he has never been a sack machine. They were also talking about Clowney being a game shape just starting against buffalo. After that gashing the Vikings gave us on the ground, I was really worried about the defense. But since then the defense has really gotten better against the run. Now lets hope that leads to helping out the pass. And fingers crossed Adoree brings some bandaid to the pass defense wounds we have right now, or we start harassing qbs. It just is confusing because in a thread full of Titans fans it feels like especially during game day, the moment something goes bad its blame this player, blame this coach, this persons trash etc. 5-0....5-0. Lets be patient. You cant solve some these problems in 1 quarter of a game. We have a chance to take command in the AFC with a win this week. And I honestly think we are a better team than Pittsburgh. It feels good to be confident in most of our team. Just GET OFF THE FIELD ON THIRD AND LONG! That is the thing that has killed me each week. We have had so many easy opportunities to get off the field. But I am willing to bet we fix that.

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I know this move wasn't made for "us."  But you do build your team in a way to stop the ones that beat you.  Best way to beat the Titans? Load up the front-7.  

Yannick always makes at least one play against, sack, strip fumble. Something. 

I know you would of said something but just curious when was the last time you checked in with the guy who knows a guy?

I didn’t want to bump that thread because I did one time before so it didn’t get lost an people weren’t happy lol

We have a great team if the Titans are able to add I would like to see it 

Just a name that’s been floated around up here in NE who is on the trading block is Gilmore

Pats arnt going to pay him but I don’t see the Titans paying the price to get a guy like Gilmore plus not sure if they want to cut Fultons playing time and Joseph’s 

Bears are the rumored team to Gilmore from people up here and that becomes relevant only because they are on the schedule in a few weeks so just thought I’d share  

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol....

NFL needs to change a rule about the protected game thing 

I’m sure CBS blocked the move but in a year of Covid and crazy times and trying to find the best ratings possible they should have found a way to move Steelers Titans to SNF

If the Titans win Sunday there’s a real chance the Titans can go 8 or 9-0 and they won’t have a single SNF game until week 16 and by then who knows where the Titans are with seeding and who knows if they turn week 16 into a rest week 

4 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

See above as well as I mentioned this play. Great call by Eagles in the right defense. It completely caught them and the it was a perfect storm of missed tackles and a badly missed hold on SS Edmunds. Steelers defense held Sanders to 80 yards on ten carries for the entire game. 💪 What's deceiving is that he has an 8.0 ypc average, but in reality was held to 4 yards on 8 carries, not including the 2 yard TD.  If Henry can run like he did against the texans against this defense, your Titans are hella scary! 😨  This is the best run defense the Steelers have had since probably 2005 when Hampton, Smith, and Keisel were the D DL's. Tyson Alualu has been surprisingly good. The Steelers will have to try to get Henry going sideways and the DL's and LB's will have to penetrate and hit him to prevent him from getting started. 

See list of what they have struggled with. I will add emphasis to the importance of playing good team or complimentary football. When the defense gets support and the offense gets rolling and they do this together, this team is capable of putting up 30 plus points and holding opponents to single digits. Pittsburgh's biggest problem for years under Coach T has been consistency. Many can counter and say, no way, your team has never had worse than an 8-8 season under Coach Tomlin. But many Steelers fans would argue some of his teams have under-achieved 2016, 2017, and 2018 of late. Last season, they played hard with no Ben and I think like the Titans are building from the hard work they laid out as a team without Ben. I think the Steelers team (I know we fans think so) believe that they could be special history makers in 2020 by winning Lombardi Trophy #7. I know that is not what Titan Nation wants to hear, like the Titans, our goal is winning the big one. This should be a great game and test for both teams. 

How does the loss of Bush impact your defense 

Also if Hilton isn’t able to play how bad does this complicate things?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Haha, I mean I am not trying to be a ****, but that quote still is showing that you called him "pathetic." Whether you meant it or not, that's just not what the sentence says and reads, pathetic is in reference to Adoree. But whatever. Call me a toxic crazy optimist, I have faith that everything is not going to be perfect each week, but we find ways to win and I believe we will find a way to get better on defense. Clowneys impact to me is bigger than just tallying sacks, I mean if you look at the stats he has never been a sack machine. They were also talking about Clowney being a game shape just starting against buffalo. After that gashing the Vikings gave us on the ground, I was really worried about the defense. But since then the defense has really gotten better against the run. Now lets hope that leads to helping out the pass. And fingers crossed Adoree brings some bandaid to the pass defense wounds we have right now, or we start harassing qbs. It just is confusing because in a thread full of Titans fans it feels like especially during game day, the moment something goes bad its blame this player, blame this coach, this persons trash etc. 5-0....5-0. Lets be patient. You cant solve some these problems in 1 quarter of a game. We have a chance to take command in the AFC with a win this week. And I honestly think we are a better team than Pittsburgh. It feels good to be confident in most of our team. Just GET OFF THE FIELD ON THIRD AND LONG! That is the thing that has killed me each week. We have had so many easy opportunities to get off the field. But I am willing to bet we fix that.

Not reading the rest of that wall of text but in no way does his quote call Adoree pathetic. It's clearly remarking "pathetic" at the defenses performance and the outcome he expected because of their performance and stating that "little ole Adoree" isn't fixing the pathetic defense.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Not reading the rest of that wall of text but in no way does his quote call Adoree pathetic. It's clearly remarking "pathetic" at the defenses performance and the outcome he expected because of their performance and stating that "little ole Adoree" isn't fixing the pathetic defense.

Cool. 👍

Edited by twotonebluenation