GDT: Steelers (5-0) at Titans (5-0)

Titans fan 617

5 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I know you would of said something but just curious when was the last time you checked in with the guy who knows a guy?

I didn’t want to bump that thread because I did one time before so it didn’t get lost an people weren’t happy lol

We have a great team if the Titans are able to add I would like to see it 

Just a name that’s been floated around up here in NE who is on the trading block is Gilmore

Pats arnt going to pay him but I don’t see the Titans paying the price to get a guy like Gilmore plus not sure if they want to cut Fultons playing time and Joseph’s 

Bears are the rumored team to Gilmore from people up here and that becomes relevant only because they are on the schedule in a few weeks so just thought I’d share  

Yeah last I heard from him was Clowney. 

18 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So you’re comfortable with Sambrailo being the LT going forward? You do realize that’s going to limit the offense right? The backs, TEs, and WRs are now going to have to help a lot more.  Also lol at using madden like this team can’t go out and legit add someone. Did you not just see what the Ravens just did? A SB contending team went out and improved one of their biggest weaknesses. This team needs CBs and pass-rushers. The current ones are not getting the job done and getting Adoree back isn’t fixing that completely fixing that.

lol are you serious? first off, you dont know that about sambrailo.. that remains to be seen. they didnt help him at all in the texans game even after he gave up the strip sack because he settled down and played well. you're just assuming. and i laugh at your comment about the ravens fixing their biggest weakness by signing a guy that hasnt played in two years and had a ruptured achillies. they didnt even sign the dude to the active roster. he signed to the practiced squad lol. give me a break lol.

18 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

He also called Adoree, "Pathetic little ole Adoree" acting like he wont help our defense at all. It is what it is. I trust that Vrabel and crew have there finger on the pulse with Sambrailo and a backup plan if anything were to go south real hard. They will make adjustments. I trust they will make the right call. 

yea, he doesnt seem like he knows much.

2 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

lol are you serious? first off, you dont know that about sambrailo.. that remains to be seen. they didnt help him at all in the texans game even after he gave up the strip sack because he settled down and played well. you're just assuming. and i laugh at your comment about the ravens fixing their biggest weakness by signing a guy that hasnt played in two years and had a ruptured achillies. they didnt even sign the dude to the active roster. he signed to the practiced squad lol. give me a break lol.

Clearly was talking about Yannixk and their pass-rush....

I assumed you were because their pass rush is not a problem. Judon, and campbell have been playing lights out. campbell just had three sacks last game lol , but ok.. i guess. some teams dont value draft picks the same as others. Jon values ours and i dont think he's going to mortgage the future to go all out now, when he possibly has the best team in football, anyway..

Seems like no matter what, every time I go into an opposing teams forum from whoever we’re playing that given week, I always see the posts about how they aren’t worried about Tannehill and the receivers, just Henry. I hope the opposing coaches stay this out of touch. 😂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

How does the loss of Bush impact your defense:

It didn't so much against Cleveland, but you have to think that it does have an impact. I think our run defense will be fine as Spillane is more of an old school type of guy. Where it may hurt more is pass coverage against backs and TE's. Bush runs like a CB or FS. Spillane runs like an ILB. He is faster than former ILB Tyler Dirty Red Matakevich (Bills) was for us. As they say,  they are back-ups for a reason. I don't think the defense drops off like it did when Ryan Shazier went down as I think they learned and if possible will fill all of Bush's roles by committee (Spillane, more Williams, converted SS Allen and  the athletic Ulysses Grant.  I am sure that the Titans will have some special things in mind to challenge and confuse the young iLB. I know I would definitely test him (Spillane) early and often! 😉

Also if Hilton isn’t able to play how bad does this complicate things?

That does hurt the Steelers in the area of run defense and blitzing the QB as Hilton plays more like a SS than a Nickel CB. I think that his replacement Cam Sutton is definitely a better Nickel cover man than Hilton. The Steelers should be better stopping the slot guy or even matching up with the TE better than with Hilton trying to do this. 

Tannehill is having a great season and is arguably in the conversations for MVP along with Derrick.  That said, I am going to still make Ryan beat me as opposed to Derrick running roughshod over the defense. I saw how the Titans beat the Patriots and Ravens last year with Derrick Henry getting started and Tannehill heating up and then the defense and entire team feeding off of this. You used this same formula with the Bills a few games ago. The Steelers definitely want to slow Henry and force more obvious passing situations that should favor our pass rush with TJ, Tuitt, Cam Heyward, and Bud.  

I was listening to Solomon Wilcots who said that he doesn't think you have to be successful running to effectively employ play action passing. I respect his opinion and football knowledge and experience, but strongly disagree. The key word is effectively. You can do it, but the likelihood of success is lessened if you aren't running well.

Play action passing was developed to take advantage of a strong rushing attack. It gets the LB's over committing to stopping the run and opening passing windows behind them. A LB's read step is forward regardless of run or pass. A DB's read step is backwards regardless.  What makes play action passing effective is getting the DB's cheating/moving forward to help in run support and the LB's over-committed to stopping the run. This is what helped the Jaguars with Blake Bortles and Leonard Fournette be so effective in 2017.  I think that the 2019 and 2020 versions of Tannehill and Henry are even better than they were then. When a team can't stop the run and you have even a semi mobile QB it puts the defense on skates.  That formula is what I would employ in beating the Steelers. However, the problem is that I think the Steelers are much more stout up front now than in 2017. A healthy Tuitt, Tyson Alualu, Cam is better and Bud and TJ are above average pass rushers, but also very stout in run support. I would be surprised to see a team try to bully the Steelers DL as they could back then. I think this is the best run support line the Steelers had since the SB years of 2005 and 2008. 

That is why I believe that this game will be won or lost in the trenches. Whoever wins that battle wins the game. That said, I do still think the Steelers will use the pass more this week and especially look towards Ju Ju and the return of Dionte Johnson.  Claypool will get the lion's share of attention from the Titans as he has been very hot, but these other WR's can definitely hurt you as well. For that to work the Steelers have to protect Big Ben. They will try to run, but I have a feeling it may be more of a 35 - 25  or even 40 - 20 pass to run ratio.  I think that the Titans are also better prepared to stop James Connor from getting going. I would counter with some specialty plays to get the ball in the hands of the speedy Anthony McFarland. The Steelers have had success with the jet sweeps to Claypool and Ray Ray McCloud. I think the Titans are going to try to force the Steelers to throw more as well, but not necessarily when and how the Steelers would want to ideally pass. Malcolm Butler has had some big games against the Steelers in the past. Something to keep an eye on.

3 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

I assumed you were because their pass rush is not a problem. Judon, and campbell have been playing lights out. campbell just had three sacks last game lol , but ok.. i guess. some teams dont value draft picks the same as others. Jon values ours and i dont think he's going to mortgage the future to go all out now, when he possibly has the best team in football, anyway..

Raven fans and clearly the Ravens thought their pass-rush was an issue.... Ravens are one of the least active teams in FA every year because they love comp picks. Plus they always trade down in drafts acquiring more picks so I’d say no team value draft picks more than they do. They certainly didn’t mortgage their future trading for Yannick.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I find it hilarious what last week did for him. Was legit under four yards per carry for this year, how he’s an MVP candidate.

Though In his defense, last week was the first time this year a team showed proper respect for Tannehill and played some two-deep and coverage. Which, I suppose, is what makes the offense so good.