GDT: Steelers (5-0) at Titans (5-0)

Titans fan 617

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I find it hilarious what last week did for him. Was legit under four yards per carry for this year, how he’s an MVP candidate.

yeah, it's pretty funny. but honestly, tell me you didn't know that a game like that was coming at some point. i think we were all waiting for it to happen.

and re: that ryan clark clip, all i can say is i'm glad it's made its way to lewan, because you know the rest of the team is gonna hear about it now lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Seems like no matter what, every time I go into an opposing teams forum from whoever we’re playing that given week, I always see the posts about how they aren’t worried about Tannehill and the receivers, just Henry. I hope the opposing coaches stay this out of touch. 😂

That may be a bit of an understatement. It is no disrespect to your QB, but more respect to a 250lbs, RB who is built like a LB and runs like a deer. Those guys are not fun to tackle and can just mentally and then physically beat down a defense. An art of war strategy is taking away your opponents will to fight.  Bruising backs like Henry do this to defenses. So yes, I would rather Tannehill try and beat me than Henry, if I had to choose or pick my poison so to speak. Henry just rushed for 200+ yards and ripped of a 90+ yard TD run. Heck yeah, we are very worried about him. However, that doesn't mean Tannehill and the rest of the offense are ineffective. You have an extremely balanced offense. We have to knock you off kilter in your attack somehow. 

Strategy wise, the Steelers defenses two biggest strengths are run defense and pass rush.  Clearly we don't want Derrick Henry ripping off five, six, seven, eight yards per rush. That wears your defense down and then better allows Tannehill and your receivers to pick up yardage or score. You would be in favorable down in distance situations and force our defenses hands.  If you are throwing more, then your QB is more exposed to our pass rushers of TJ, Bud, and company. That is a more favorable match-up for our team than the prospect of getting beat up by Henry.

We realize, as I said in a previous post, Tannehill is having as much an MVP caliber season as Henry or anyone else. Your scoring, completion % third down and red zone efficiency is outstanding. Heck the Titans offense has scored over 30 points in every game and over 40 the past two! Our third down defense has been inconsistent and  poor (except for last week versus the Browns). Is it better to get the Titans in 3rd and 1 or 2 or 3rd and 8 or 9? If we get you third and 8 or 9, then we are probably slowing or greatly disrupting your run game. That puts our defense in a more favorable position than 3rd and short. That is a big key for us getting the Titans offense and Henry off the field. 

Honest (rhetorical /you don't really have to answer) question: As a Titan fan, how would you scout the Titans to beat them on offense? If stopping Derrick Henry is not one, two or at the very least three, I would question your honesty or football IQ. 😉😅 I would agree if you said that the outstanding QB play of Tannehill helps the run and Henry's dominance also helps the pass. Both of those statements are not contradictory, but I see as true. I can sit back and analyze how to beat most football teams based on thetendenciesies, etc. For years, I have and many other Steelers fans have given the Steelers the formula to beating Tom Brady and the Patriots. However, having the formula (and right players and scheme) of how to beat him and actually beating him are two different things.  Same thing with Tannehill and Henry. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

That may be a bit of an understatement. It is no disrespect to your QB, but more respect to a 250lbs, RB who is built like a LB and runs like a deer. Those guys are not fun to tackle and can just mentally and then physically beat down a defense. An art of war strategy is taking away your opponents will to fight.  Bruising backs like Henry do this to defenses. So yes, I would rather Tannehill try and beat me than Henry, if I had to choose or pick my poison so to speak. Henry just rushed for 200+ yards and ripped of a 90+ yard TD run. Heck yeah, we are very worried about him. However, that doesn't mean Tannehill and the rest of the offense are ineffective. You have an extremely balanced offense. We have to knock you off kilter in your attack somehow. 

Strategy wise, the Steelers defenses two biggest strengths are run defense and pass rush.  Clearly we don't want Derrick Henry ripping off five, six, seven, eight yards per rush. That wears your defense down and then better allows Tannehill and your receivers to pick up yardage or score. You would be in favorable down in distance situations and force our defenses hands.  If you are throwing more, then your QB is more exposed to our pass rushers of TJ, Bud, and company. That is a more favorable match-up for our team than the prospect of getting beat up by Henry.

We realize, as I said in a previous post, Tannehill is having as much an MVP caliber season as Henry or anyone else. Your scoring, completion % third down and red zone efficiency is outstanding. Heck the Titans offense has scored over 30 points in every game and over 40 the past two! Our third down defense has been inconsistent and  poor (except for last week versus the Browns). Is it better to get the Titans in 3rd and 1 or 2 or 3rd and 8 or 9? If we get you third and 8 or 9, then we are probably slowing or greatly disrupting your run game. That puts our defense in a more favorable position than 3rd and short. That is a big key for us getting the Titans offense and Henry off the field. 

Honest (rhetorical /you don't really have to answer) question: As a Titan fan, how would you scout the Titans to beat them on offense? If stopping Derrick Henry is not one, two or at the very least three, I would question your honesty or football IQ. 😉😅 I would agree if you said that the outstanding QB play of Tannehill helps the run and Henry's dominance also helps the pass. Both of those statements are not contradictory, but I see as true. I can sit back and analyze how to beat most football teams based on thetendenciesies, etc. For years, I have and many other Steelers fans have given the Steelers the formula to beating Tom Brady and the Patriots. However, having the formula (and right players and scheme) of how to beat him and actually beating him are two different things.  Same thing with Tannehill and Henry. 

To me stopping the Titans offense is to attack their offensive line. Confuse them with stunts or just really beat them one on one.

I truly think if you load up to stop Henry, Tannehill can beat you this year. If you back off to stop the big play, I think Henry can break consistent chunks.
But I think the most certain and consistent thing is Henry. Tannehill might make a bad decision, maybe but that's not likely in this offense with him. Henry for sure will run wild if you let him. 
So yeah I'd try to stop Henry if I had to pick. 
But i think the biggest weakness of this offense is the offensive line. And if they get to Tannehill, you might get a strip sack 40-50% of the time. 

This offense just seems so good outside of the Broncos game. Even then should have had 26 points, if the kicker doesn't have brain farts. I'm truly interested to see how the game goes. I haven't seen a truly dominating defense in the league in years. The rules and team focus just doesn't seem to produce them anymore. 
Even the top ranked defenses don't seem that dominating. But the best offenses really hold water(Kansas City, example). 

It might be a 5-6 sack day for the Steelers if  things line up as far as stopping the run game and covering the pass.  Our pass offense isn't that complicated in my opinion. 

30 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Is Ryan Clark kidding? Henry would put him on a poster.

Did Ryan Clark watch this? Cause what he is talking about is the same situation. If this isn't bravery than it is straight up you cant tackle me. I saw a lot of Ravens 1 on 1 with a yard of space. And I saw a lot of d lineman bodies hitting the floor.