GDT: Steelers (5-0) at Titans (5-0)

Titans fan 617

Not sure how I feel about this game yet 

I will say if the Titans win this game there isn’t an opponent that we play until Baltimore that I’d be ok losing too

Its tough to expect the Titans to go 9-0

Great offense going against a great defense but Pittsburgh’s offense is good too so at the moment I guess I’m not liking the Titans chances this week but anything can happen 

I think it’s going to be a close tough physical game 

Byard mentioned before about taking notes of the people who were talking bad about them so Pittsburgh falls into that category 

Steelers play the Ravens next week so I guess there is always that chance Pittsburgh slips up for looking ahead 

Have to see what happens with Adoree this week 

No matter what happens this week I’m happy with what the team has dont so far 

Don’t love this matchup without Lewan, it’s tough to overstate just how ridiculously good Pittsburgh’s defense is. 

I have faith in our offense. A lot of faith. But the defense needs to be so much better than it’s been. It’s not reasonable to ask the offense to score 40 in order to win this week.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol, we’ll get Lofton. NFL certainly isn’t promoting this game as a big time game that’s for sure.

Wow. I figured we were a lock for Romo. Two of the last three unbeaten teams in football playing at noon with the B commentary team is pretty insulting.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol, we’ll get Lofton. NFL certainly isn’t promoting this game as a big time game that’s for sure.

be grateful, why would you want jim nants the voice of the patriots EVER to call a game.   I am expecting fouts and Ian Eagle.  If there was a way to remove the commentary, it's much better. This game should be one of the best games of the year.   Lewan injury is a major loss though, would have been better if everyone is healthy but thats not the story for the 2020 season is it. Has to be a record number of season ending injuries to knees to this point across the league.

Edited by 3rivers

3 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Not sure how I feel about this game yet 

Trust me, Steelers Nation is not overconfident and jumping for joy with the match-up versus the Titans.

I will say if the Titans win this game there isn’t an opponent that we play until Baltimore that I’d be ok losing to

As I have added to our GDT, I think this is a potential play-off match-up/rematch down the road as well. These are two very good football teams. I think it comes down to who plays more disciplined (less penalties and mental mistakes) and who holds onto the ball. Turnovers can make for momentum changes and opportunities to score with two pretty evenly matched teams.

It's tough to expect the Titans to go 9-0

Winning is contagious and no one likes to lose. However, If your team plays hard it is much easier to accept losing a game to a good opponent because they out-played you or even if you made correctable mistakes, but played hard. I hate some of the under-achieving that the Steelers did the past few years. They have won some close games that they would have found a way to lose in the past against some teams that they should have beat (Giants, Broncos and Texans). My goal is to ensure that the Steelers are playing their best football in December, January and February. 

In 2005 the Steelers went 15-1, but honestly peaked week 7 and 8 beating the two teams who would meet in the SB (Eagles and Patriots). last year, I felt like the Titans got hot at the end of the year and we've seen this with the Jaguars of 2017 and other teams.  If both these teams can get even better throughout the year despite wins and losses, look out! 

Great offense going against a great defense but Pittsburgh’s offense is good too so at the moment I guess I’m not liking the Titans chances this week but anything can happen 

I think it’s going to be a close tough physical game 

I completely agree with you.  I feel the same way about the Steelers as well. They are not  playing at home and although there aren't 70,000 fans in this Covid-19 era, there is something about playing at home. Having three on the road in a row is tough. Predicting a close Steelers win as a Steelers fan with my heart more than my head. 

Byard mentioned before about taking notes of the people who were talking bad about them so Pittsburgh falls into that category.

If you gotta tack it up on the bulletin board then by all means do so. Steelers were angry about the situation and how it affected them: 1. Forced unscheduled bye week. 2. Having to play 3 tough games on the road. 3. Rescheduling our game against our AFC North rival Ravens, giving them a bye week before our game. Tell Mr. Byaird we may be putting up some board stuff too! 😀  In all seriousness, more anger at the league and how it was handled than your organization. They are football teams so settle it on the field.  After the whooping you guys hung on the Bills, you may have actually done us a favor.😂😨

Titans-RB-Derrick-Henry-delivers-devasta

Steelers play the Ravens next week so I guess there is always that chance Pittsburgh slips up for looking ahead 

The Ravens are probably our fiercest rival. They hung two L's on the Steelers last year. No Big Ben, no excuses. We don't want to give a rival in a key match-up any type of advantage, psychological, rest, whatever. If any player or coach is looking ahead, all they have to do is look back at the photo above! Nuff said!

Have to see what happens with Adoree this week 

We hope he stays on IR for another week. 😨 The Titans drafted three players that I loved coming out of college for the Steelers: Taylor Lewaan who is one mean, SOB of an OL,  Adoree Jackson whom I loved his coverage and KR ability and Rashaan Evans, whom we desperately needed a few years ago in the middle. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than just good. 

No matter what happens this week I’m happy with what the team has done so far. 

As I am with my team as well. Both of these teams are good, so anything can happen. It come down to last minute as both of our teams have experienced or it can be a dominating win by either side if the opponent makes some mistakes or turns the ball over. I say good luck to Titans Nation and  thanks for the insight,  but I sure hope we beat the brakes off your team. 

12 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

The Titans drafted three players that I loved coming out of college for the Steelers: Taylor Lewaan who is one mean, SOB of an OL,  Adoree Jackson whom I loved his coverage and KR ability and Rashaan Evans, whom we desperately needed a few years ago in the middle. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than just good. 

the funny thing is adoree has been *dreadful* as a return man, so much that we haven't even used him there in a couple of years. pretty disappointing with how dangerous he was in college- but luckily he's developed into a rock solid corner with the athletic ability to stick with just about anyone. we've missed him badly this year and will continue to miss him if he's not back against you guys.

as for evans....y'all got the much better player in devin bush, so don't feel too bad (although of course it's terrible to hear of bush's injury). at his best evans is a fast, physical downhill thumper who makes splash plays in run defense, but he's never been great in coverage and this year he's struggled badly with missed tackles.

we are really going to miss lewan against your front, although it would've been a big challenge even with him.

• Like 1