GDT: Steelers (5-0) at Titans (5-0)

Titans fan 617

7 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i gotta say, it’s funny to see how transparent it is, now that the titans are the ones getting the attention, that sports media is so easily wooed by offense. people on espn etc are calling us the best team in the league and *completely* ignoring our defensive struggles just because our offense is so exciting. it’s total overhype.

we are of course a good team no doubt, and at this point i don’t really worry about the guys buying into the hype like they have sometimes in the past- by now this is a battle-tested group that has had a taste of playoff success and is hungry for more. but i do think it’s pretty funny that we’re reaching the point where some sports media is actually *overrating* us a little bit in my eyes. never thought i’d see the day.

For me whats mind blowing is how people up here in NE are bashing Belichick saying he looks checked out that he looks similar to his last year in Cleveland 

Then they are praising Vrabel like crazy

i couldn’t believe last Wed my Boston drive time radio did a whole 4 hours talking about Vrabel Tannehill and AJ Brown

The best was one caller yesterday had the balls to call and say give the Pats a break that they had no practice and no other coach in the league could handle what the Pats had to go through last week and immediately they hung up on the guy and all 3 radio guys yelled “Mike Vrabel”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

For me whats mind blowing is how people up here in NE are bashing Belichick saying he looks checked out that he looks similar to his last year in Cleveland 

i couldn’t believe last Wed my Boston drive time radio did a whole 4 hours talking about Vrabel Tannehill and AJ Brown

The best was one caller yesterday had the balls to call and say give the Pats a break that they had no practice and no other coach in the league could handle what the Pats had to go through last week and immediately they hung up on the guy and all 3 radio guys yelled “Mike Vrabel”

Just further proof of how awful fans are.

"Hey lets crap on the coach who has brought us 17 playoff appearances in 20 years(not counting this year), 13 AFC title game appearances, 9 super bowl appearances, and 6 superbowl wins!!!!!"

All because he's started a season 2-3 when like half of his starting line up opted out before the season began and he's having to start over at QB.

Fans never cease to amaze me.

Yeah Vrabel is doing good things right now and all that, but he's not even in the same universe as Belichick as a coach yet,

• Like 1

I know way too many Steelers fans, so I want this win badly. Between the jokes/sly comments from them about the Covid situation, the comments from the Steelers players, the fact the winner would remain undefeated, this win would be so so sweet.

This win would be tough and I’d feel far more better if our defense was playing better. There’s not any team this team can’t beat though.

Im gonna make a bold prediction and say our pass rush have a bigger impact than theirs.. everyone is talking about how good theirs is, and rightfully so. We all know our guys (pass rushers) need to step up and make plays... i say clowney, beasley and simmons, each gett sacks and we cause havoc all day... totally unexpected, yet totally awesome! TITAN UP!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

For me whats mind blowing is how people up here in NE are bashing Belichick saying he looks checked out that he looks similar to his last year in Cleveland.

It is amazing how the media and fans can love you one week, then hate you the next, then over-hype you when you win and then kick you when you fall back down. We experience the same thing in Steelers Nation. After Chuck Noll's four SB's, the knock was "The game has passed him by!"  Bill Cowher makes the play-offs his first six straight years in a row, before missing the play-offs for three straight. His knock was, "Coach Cowher can't win the big one!"  Now Coach T has a very high winning percentage that rivals John Madden's and over the past ten years has more wins than anyone except Coach Belichick. Now fans say, "He can't beat Belichick and I wanna see him win with his team not Coach Cowher's!"  This is fans and media at its best. You have to stay true to what you believe and know in your heart. Most are only on the ride for the fun parts.

I am happy for him and he deserves it. He is a motivator by example with a high character, high work ethic, high class and high football IQ. I was a fan of Coach Vrabel's when he was a player. I was pissed when we (Steelers) let him go. I always thought he could have been a great 3-4 ILB. The Steelers had drafted  OLB Jason Gildon and

then Joey Porter and Clark Haggins,  so they didn't want to pay anymore $$$. I felt Vrabel would have been far more athletic than Earl Holmes and Levon Kirkland in the middle, but a different era of football (The days of the run stuffing thumpers). His work ethic was crazy. I would go to training camp and Vrabel would be sprinting to every drill and was a far better athlete than what many gave him credit for. Anyone with any type of football IQ could see the genuine work ethic and character that Vrabel displayed. Hats off to the Patriots because they took advantage of getting all of that and more. Bench presses and 40 times are great for the Combine, but many have trouble measuring what is between the ears and below the neck and above the gut!

I couldn't believe last Wed my Boston drive time radio did a whole 4 hours talking about Vrabel Tannehill and AJ Brown

It is amazing what good coaching and leadership can do. Tannehill comes to the Titans and all of a sudden he can play? No disrespect to Miami, but they had a good QB and did not utilize or develop him properly. Some of that falls on Jets HC and offensive guru Adam Gates watch. 

As much of a rival as the Patriots are and how much I disliked the beatings, you can't take anything away from Coach Belichick. He has six Lombardi's. By the same token, I give them no quarter either because they wouldn't if the shoe was on the other foot. Just part of the fair weather fan/media experience.

The funny thing is that one of our teams is going to drop a measure after this game. They (Hype train media and fans) are going to drop one of us like a snotty tissue. I saw how the media did the Browns after two weeks of praising the coach and team for playing better.  It is a long season. They are even now dissing the bills who have a heck of a football team. You can't believe the headlines. Win or lose, these are two play-off teams who may very well meet later down the road. I said the same thing about the Browns after last weeks win. They are 4-2 and the media acted like they were 0-6. You are only as good as your last win and your next loss. 

Enjoy the good attention because your organization deserves it. The Titans started doing some things last season that got a lot of people outside of TN looking. You beat the Patriots and Ravens and were beating the world champs. Your team's building off of that. Win or lose, your team is building off of that, just as ours is trying to build off a year of strong defense and no franchise QB.  Steelers are probably better than 2017 when they were supposed to average 30 points a game, finally proved that they could play with and beat the Pats (Jessie James no TD catch withstanding), and had a big three that was supposed to rival Aikman, Irving and Emmitt in Ben, Brown, and Bell. They promptly got canned one and done by the Jags. Steelers team is just rebounding from that loss and all of the drama, madness and chaos that followed the next two years with Bell, AB and then Ben's injury.  The Titans have and are earning their respect. However, in the immortal words of Chuck D from Public Enemy:

dontbelievethehype.jpg

One loss or bad game and the media is onto the next flavor of the minute. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Just further proof of how awful fans are.

"Hey lets crap on the coach who has brought us 17 playoff appearances in 20 years(not counting this year), 13 AFC title game appearances, 9 super bowl appearances, and 6 superbowl wins!!!!!"

All because he's started a season 2-3 when like half of his starting line up opted out before the season began and he's having to start over at QB.

Fans never cease to amaze me.

Yeah Vrabel is doing good things right now and all that, but he's not even in the same universe as Belichick as a coach yet,

Especially those fans

Out of the 4 major sports in Boston the Pats fans are the worst because they’ve been the most spoiled 

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Obviously doesn’t mean he’s back this week, but almost certainly means he’s going to start getting some sort of practice in today, otherwise there’s no reason to open the three-week window.

But he still has a chance to play this week which is good

Just seen a Vrabel quote that said they want to see how he responds so he has a chance 

@Steeler Hitman

I havnt seen many Steelers games this year 

I seen the Giants opening week 

So what if anything have the Steelers struggled at so far this season?

From highlights they look good at everything 

Sanders had the one big run in the Eagles game so was that just one bad play from the Steelers end or have teams been able to run on them but fall behind so have to go away from that?

Ben looked meh at the beginning of the Giants game but I think that was more due to rust than anything then turned it on and hasn’t looked back it seems 

So just curious what the Steelers could be better at

Edited by Titans fan 617
  • Like 1