GDT: Steelers (5-0) at Titans (5-0)

Titans fan 617

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the funny thing is adoree has been *dreadful* as a return man, so much that we haven't even used him there in a couple of years. pretty disappointing with how dangerous he was in college- but luckily he's developed into a rock solid corner with the athletic ability to stick with just about anyone. we've missed him badly this year and will continue to miss him if he's not back against you guys.

as for evans....y'all got the much better player in devin bush, so don't feel too bad (although of course it's terrible to hear of bush's injury). at his best evans is a fast, physical downhill thumper who makes splash plays in run defense, but he's never been great in coverage and this year he's struggled badly with missed tackles.

we are really going to miss lewan against your front, although it would've been a big challenge even with him.

Two teams built to play hard nosed football. Yeah Adoree definitely hasn't done what I thought he would return wise and some of that was disciplinary miscues on ST  and probably under-estimating NFL game speed (much faster than college). Stuff he could do at USC against UCLA didn't work in the NFL as even the TE's and LB's on ST's can run and hit!  I loved his potential as a CB and despite how dreadful Titans fans think he may have been, he was far better than what we had a few years back with Ryan Switzer (I liked him too), but never went to the next level. He played very slow for the NFL game. he was sure handed in fielding punts, but after his first year, he really struggled getting up-field. Even on swing passes, he averaged under 5 yards a catch. He couldn't make tacklers miss one on one, which is mind blowing for a return guy. 

No doubt, Devin Bush is a Tomlin type of ILB who can cover, but I am old school and I like Vander Esch and Evans coming out, but both elevated in the draft quickly either out of need or potential. Evans would have fit nicely with LJ Fort (who is now a Raven) as our ILB's. 

I love Big Al, his story and passion for the game, but he is not on Taylor's level in terms of "natural ability and overall talent." Big Al's actually having one of his better years with Ben Back. Some of that may be the improved line calls that Ben makes with Pouncey. I watched Taylor at Michigan and just loved his nastiness and grit. Sorry he is hurt because as a football fan, he is what you want out of an OL (size, strength, agility, mean streak, and attitude)! I think he is firmly in the top five of all LT's in the NFL when healthy. 

1 hour ago, Steeler Hitman said:

70cafae833f546d7ad54e53356419dfa.png

And so do I. I wouldn't want it any other way. Let's play some smash-mouth football and may the better team win. Somebody's team is gonna need a few new grinners!

missing-teeth.png

Black and blue football baby 

all day everyday 

I hate your team but dammit do I respect them. Would run through a wall for Tomlin right after I run through one for Vrabel

• Like 1

i gotta say, it’s funny to see how transparent it is, now that the titans are the ones getting the attention, that sports media is so easily wooed by offense. people on espn etc are calling us the best team in the league and *completely* ignoring our defensive struggles just because our offense is so exciting. it’s total overhype.

we are of course a good team no doubt, and at this point i don’t really worry about the guys buying into the hype like they have sometimes in the past- by now this is a battle-tested group that has had a taste of playoff success and is hungry for more. but i do think it’s pretty funny that we’re reaching the point where some sports media is actually *overrating* us a little bit in my eyes. never thought i’d see the day.

• Like 1