Week 7 GDT - New England Patriots vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think the odds he gets a head coaching gig are slim, but will depend on how many people get canned. 

I think Arthur Smith will get one, and I think EB will finally get his crack (rightfully so). 

And that will be a shame. One of the absolute best coordinators in the game. Much inferior coaches keep getting shot and it makes no sense at all. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Dolphins aren't a bad team at all. But let's also remember the circumstances of that game. Jimmy had NO business playing and we had arguably the worst CB in the league playing due to all the injuries. 

The DBs are healthier and Jimmy is healthier this game. Makes a big difference. 

But next week against Seattle is where the lack of pass rush will hurt. Good luck there Saleh, we struggle stopping Wilson with a healthy defense lol. 

Yeah, i think if we start Akhello Witherspoon & CJ Bethard against Miami, we probably still lose, but its not so embarrassing. That was an organisational failure that the team seems to have rebounded from 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

And that will be a shame. One of the absolute best coordinators in the game. Much inferior coaches keep getting shot and it makes no sense at all. 

The guy who could change it is Vrabel. I think defensive guys are at a disadvantage immediately because if their offense ends up being good, they lose their guy in a year. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hasty is good, so quick and powerful. Built for this system.

I want Jimmy out of here after this drive. Put in Mullens. And don't throw another pass the rest of the game. 

Next year it should be Mostert, Hasty, and whichever additional random guy (Wilson, bring Breida back on a vet min deal, whatever) and then a couple of UDFAs on the practice squad. If we keep shelling out 10-15 million on the position, I'll be apoplectic lol

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Yeah, i think if we start Akhello Witherspoon & CJ Bethard against Miami, we probably still lose, but its not so embarrassing. That was an organisational failure that the team seems to have rebounded from 

Oh yeah, if Spoon starts, then the defense would be okay at least. And Beathard of Mullens would have give us a better chance though I think we would have still struggled with how they were playing our receivers and how much they were blitzing. The OL simply could not communicate at all on blitzes and our WRs would have struggled regardless vs Jones/Howard. 

We have been lucky at how little the Rams/Pats have blitzes the last two weeks. Though maybe the OL has improved their communication with more time playing together.